Miflex HP and Bursting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

isn't the Phantom hose wider than the Miflex? Remember that torque=radius* force. So when the radius is smaller the force is proportionally larger to resist the same torque on the hose

The diameter of the hose is irrelevant in this case

Does the gauge , with the new version of Miflex HP "turns" , under pressure ? The first version, did not.

It's not the version that determines this... I don't know what it is, but I have 4 "original version" miflex HP hoses, and two SPGs rotate and two don't. They're all fitted to the saem Thermo-manufactured SPGs (differntly branded, but I have two Halcyon branded ones and one swivels and one doesn't). Same spools in them all

I have mixed feelings about the whole issue... on one hand, I've not had a failure on any of my four hoses, so I want to believe they will continue to be okay (maybe it's a batch/quality control issue?). On the other hand, there seem to have been a disproportionate amount of failures compared to conventional hoses

I dunno, at this point I'm sticking with them... if I have a failure myself, I'll probably switch them all out

I believe Miflex updated the HP hose, so I'm wondering if you had the older version?

Adam

It wasn't my hose, it belonged to another diver on site. I was merely the gopher. The shop took a brand new replacement hose out of the package and handed it to my dive buddy in exchange for the old one, and we took it back to the diver. It was a 6" hose, but I was involved in my own issues so I didn't look closely at either the new hose, or the replacement to see exactly what the issue was.

It's not the version that determines this... I don't know what it is, but I have 4 "original version" miflex HP hoses, and two SPGs rotate and two don't. They're all fitted to the saem Thermo-manufactured SPGs (differntly branded, but I have two Halcyon branded ones and one swivels and one doesn't). Same spools in them all

I have mixed feelings about the whole issue... on one hand, I've not had a failure on any of my four hoses, so I want to believe they will continue to be okay (maybe it's a batch/quality control issue?). On the other hand, there seem to have been a disproportionate amount of failures compared to conventional hoses

I dunno, at this point I'm sticking with them... if I have a failure myself, I'll probably switch them all out

We are 6 divers with miflex hoses (LP & HP) all without incident thus far. Will go back once they fail. In the meantime they are working very well.

i had 2 milflex HP's and 1 LP installed last month, and no issues. 16 dives thus far, all using 100HP steels with pressures between 3500-3800lbs,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom