Miflex HP failure (again!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These all work.

See the miflex under the rubber, bottom RH.

P7060010.JPG

Not that I work them underwater.

All were wearing "hose protectors"

Even with washing, green crunchy bits accumulate under protectors
and abrade and damage rubber inside and around the edge of the
swage. (crimped bit)

These hoses are junk. I can't believe anyone still buys them. I have had customers on my boat have them explode underwater while inside a wreck on two different occasions. Luckily they were able to isolate the failure and safely abort the dive. For a single tank application I would be even more worried about using them due to the fact that there there is no redundancy.

These hoses are junk. I can't believe anyone still buys them. I have had customers on my boat have them explode underwater while inside a wreck on two different occasions. Luckily they were able to isolate the failure and safely abort the dive. For a single tank application I would be even more worried about using them due to the fact that there there is no redundancy.

Noladiver - Just to be clear, are you talking about the Miflex HP hoses or the Miflex LP hoses (or both)?

Sorry The HP hoses.

Why two failure points?

No idea. Last hose blew in three places so guess they are improving :wink:

Miflex was on here looking at this 15hrs ago.

Dobber.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom