Military Members Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

US Army
Sgt E-5
1965-1969
USA, Japan, RVN

I shudda known better. Also grew up as an Army Brat.
(Too many stations to list).

Babydamulag:
I read through all of the posts up to ScubaJackie's. The thing that leaps out at me was the post about "What does it mean to be a veteran?". Folks all over the world serve their nation (not that many really) and learn a few things about themselves, their fellow man/woman, and what it means to be a citizen of their country. Like the bumper sticker says, " Freedom ain't free". I served my country too. I am proud of the units I was in and the people I served with. I had an opportunity to see and do things that shaped me and made me who I am now. Military service is what makes a nation what it is. I am proud to belong to those ranks of citizens. Being a veteran is an honor. Being a veteran is a duty. Being a veteran is belonging to a country. Being a veteran is simply being PROUD! Thanks for the service. I wish more people would remember to say thank you.

ALL THE WAY! .....and then some

I couldn't agree more. Thank you for serving. *salute*

USCG (Reserve right now)
ET2 (Electronics Technician Second Class), E-5
4 years active duty, 1999-2003, Tracen Petaluma and USCGC Morgenthau; Alameda, CA.

Currently drilling with Electronics Systems Support Unit Seattle...

Semper Paratus!

~Isaac

USAF - Computer Geek
1991 - 1997
E4 --> ROTC

I bailed out of ROTC after losing my pilot training slot because of being 6 mos too old... :(

Proud to have served and I miss it sometimes.

There are so many amazing experiences in the military. One that will always stay with me was my stint as an Honor Guard member. Over the 4 years I was on the team, I performed many duties that signified the traditions of military life. But the most memorable was the time I commanded the detail and presented the flag at a funeral. Kneeling before a grieving widow and presenting the flag to her really touched me. I wanted to express the gratitude from the military, the nation, and me in such a prefessional yet heartfelt way. When I kneeled, this widow, grasped my hands around the flag and as I recited the words thanking her for the service and dedication of her loved one, she squeezed my hands. Although she was sorrowful, she had a sense of pride and it was so impressive to share with her.

Afterwards, the family, which was very military oriented (having many sons and relatives serving) insisted we spend dinner with them before our 4 hour bus ride back to base. It truly shows how much the military is a "family".

Here's to those who have served, and those who are serving today. A heartfelt "Thank you" for fighting the good fight and keeping my butt safe here at home!:wink:

Regards,
Calamari68 (AKA: Bill)

U.S. Army
1993 to wish I could still be there.
3ID,1AD,1st Cav, you name it I've been there.
Fight on my battles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom