Mine LaMotte Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just sent an email to a conservation agent in Kirkwood as asked about how we can get some bags. I will let you know what I hear.

Can one of you guys that was out there the last weekend give us an idea of conditions. Water Temp, Vis, depth. Just so I can better plan on what to bring. I am also wondering about the entrance fee. Are they waiving it for the cleanup or is it still $20.00. I will be there either way, I am just curious.

Phil

I contacted the Missouri Dept of Con as well.. got us 50 mesh bags being delivered monday morning. WHOoOHOO...

Skdvr = check out FLEEPS post on the dive conditions from last weekend.

\
Cyall

weve got a means of transporting the rubbish while in the water. I have a huge net, we possibly have access to a small pontoon there at the site.. and we have one inflatable boat possiblity.. I will know a definate soon on it.

FEB1562 - Its cool.. if your not comfortable swimming though the tunnel then dont.. i dont want to seem like Im trying to force anyone into anything they dont want to do. I cant promise anything about rocks falling... no one can... well god probably but ????
you get the idea. Either or we would appreciate your help with the clean up.. you in?
Talk to ya soon

I checked out Fleep's post, but he didn't mention water temps. I would guess about 70* on the surface going down 20-30' then hitting something like 55*, but this is just speculation based on what most places around here are like. Any definite numbers? Anybody diving dry?

Tom

Sorry I thought he put that on there.. on the surface it was 74... at 22' it went to 59 as for a depth.. I have got to 45 but I havent been everywhere in there..

yea there are a couple guys diving dry... i myself do my 7mm bibs and shorty.
talk to ya soon

If I can make it I will be diving dry. Sorry partner:lotsalove:

Bottom temp - u can expect somewhere around the mid 50's.

I have a small 2 person coleman inflatable. They say 2 but only one adult can fit in it. If I can not make it there I will send it along with my dive partner. Not sure what good it will do though because of it's size.

I can bring a 4 x 6 trailer that I can haul cans back and cash them in. If we are going to need it just let me know and I will bring it.

Phil

I was going to Mermet that weekend just to get some dives in before I forget everything that I just learned. But heck, I may just pop down there instead. It looks like I will have plenty of experienced divers surrounding me.

If I wind up changing my plans and coming down I will need to rent some gear - I take it a 7mm wetsuit minimum?

Back
Top Bottom