Minor Problem with my Zeagle Brigade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kabluton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was down in Cozumel using my new Zeagle Brigade this past week. On my 2nd day of diving as I did my giant stride off the boat my left weight pouch came out through the bottom of my BC. Luckily someone saw it and the divemaster went down and retrieved my weights. He tried to put them back in my pocket and they went right through the bottom and back to the sea floor. He retrieved them again and this time but them in the other pocket.

The dive went fine and when we got back on the boat the crew "rigged" my integrated system so it wouldn't fall out again but they did it in such a way that if I had to ditch my weights I would have had to pull them out manually.

I dove that way the rest of the week and when I got home I compared my old Zeagle Ranger's integrated system with my Brigade. They appear to be the exact same and I managed to fix the integrated weight pockets.

I never had a problem with my Ranger in 3 years of diving and this has left me wondering why I had problems with the Brigade. I had 7 pounds of soft weight in each weight pouch. Is it normal for this to happen or do you think it wasn't rigged right from the factory?

Hmm,
I've never used soft weights but I've never had a problem with solid lead weights in my Brigade.

See, you should have gotten the BP/W.........haha.

I've had soft weights in my Zeagle Ranger's pockets (2#, 3.5#, 5#, 6#) and hard weights (3#, 4#) and never had problems with them "falling out". I've also never used the yellow pocket thingies, just the individual weights in the pocket and zip it closed.

-Rob

I've never had one fall out on my brigade. I stuck 1 lb hard weights and 2lb soft weights without the yellow pouches with no problems on atleast 10 dives. My guess would be that one of the ripcords weren't rigged properly. Use your owners manual and try redoing both of them. Then maybe stand up and jump around some.

It sounds like they might have missed a loop when they threaded the ripcord. I've used all kinds of combinations, and have never had a problem. I use the yellow weight thingies now, but only to make it easier handing my weight off at the boat.

kabluton:
...I managed to fix the integrated weight pockets...
OK but what was wrong that was causing the pouch to slip through? I can't visualize what could have been wrong. I have had 19 pounds in one pocket and never noticed the slightest tendency for the pouch to want to slip through the lacing.

It sounds to me like there is a problem with the ripcord or the threading.

If you compare the Brigade to your Ranger, do you see any difference in the way it is threaded??

If you can't see anything wrong, and easily fix it yourself, I would like you to send the BC back to us so I can inspect it and find out the problem.

If you ARE able to figure out what is wrong, please let me know exactly what was wrong, so that I can address the issue with the folks that do the ripcording!

If you need anything else, feel free to send me a PM, or give me a call at Zeagle.
My direct # is 813-782-5568 x.14

Sorry for your troubles, but rest assured that we will get it taken care of!!!

Scott

ScottZeagle:
It sounds to me like there is a problem with the ripcord or the threading.

If you compare the Brigade to your Ranger, do you see any difference in the way it is threaded??

If you can't see anything wrong, and easily fix it yourself, I would like you to send the BC back to us so I can inspect it and find out the problem.

If you ARE able to figure out what is wrong, please let me know exactly what was wrong, so that I can address the issue with the folks that do the ripcording!

If you need anything else, feel free to send me a PM, or give me a call at Zeagle.
My direct # is 813-782-5568 x.14

Sorry for your troubles, but rest assured that we will get it taken care of!!!

Scott

Scott, Thanks for your quick response. I think I have the ripcord back correctly and I did use my Ranger to guide me. I have no idea what originally caused it since I didn't inspect it like I should have when I first got it. I will do some "dry" tests with the weight pouches and if I get the same results I'll let you know. Despite the minor problem it is a great BC and really enjoy it. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom