Missing Diver: Boca Grande - Legacy Dive Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkyAce2004

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
NBC2 News Online - Search for missing diver near Gasparilla Pass

CHARLOTTE COUNTY: The Coast Guard, along with local and state agencies, has been searching for a missing 67-year old diver near Gasparilla Pass in Charlotte County.
The captain of a 27-foot boat from Legacy Dive Charters of Southwest Florida called the Fort Myers Beach Coast Guard Station around 11:35 a.m. to report that one of the six divers aboard his vessel was missing.
According to the Coast Guard, the man had surfaced from a dive while the charter vessel was retrieving another diver, and he had disappeared before the boat returned to pick him up.
The Coast Guard Stations of Fort Myers Beach and Station Cortez, along with a Jayhawk rescue helicopter from the Coast Guard Air Station in Clearwater, marine units from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, the Lee County Sheriff's Office, the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office, Boca Grande Fire and Rescue and Captiva Island Fire and Rescue are all searching the area for the missing diver.
The diver's name has not been released so that the next-of-kin notification can be made first.
The diver was wearing a black and blue wet suit with yellow fins and an air tank, according to the report.

I wonder if that was out by the Rich Novak Reef. They usually do that as a drift dive. I hope they are able to find him.

Yes that's terrible to hear. I hope that everything turns out good!

I see a small article on it now in the Charlotte Sun. It says the boat left to assist another diver and upon their return could not find him.

No I've been watching different news sources through out the day and they have had no new information that I have seen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom