Mistake on test material

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poolecw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Today, I took the online advanced Open Water test. I made a 94, missing three questions. 2 of the questions, I feel that there is a mistake and that I actually got those two questions correct. I will post a screenshot of each question and answer, along with the text out of the training book.

I would like to get your thoughts on these two questions.

Attachments

• 20180421_175313.jpg
    20180421_175313.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 20180421_175338.jpg
    20180421_175338.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 20180421_174619.jpg
    20180421_174619.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 20180421_174630.jpg
    20180421_174630.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 129
Let me get this straight: this was the NAUI Advanced Scuba Diver course, and not the PADI AOW course?

Let me get this straight: this was the NAUI Advanced Scuba Diver course, and not the PADI AOW course?

Well...i wasn't going to get into that!

The first is right and the second is wrong. I don't think either question is well worded.

Well...i wasn't going to get into that!
When you use the wrong name for a course, it is misleading. I began to look up the PADI material, then saw that your third picture mentions NAUI. Why is this not in the NAUI forum?

Did you notice on your first question that the book says refracted and the question says reflected?

The first is right and the second is wrong. I don't think either question is well worded.

The words "refracted" and "reflected" are being used interchangeably. However, they have different meanings. That's why the first question is wrong.

When you use the wrong name for a course, it is misleading. I began to look up the PADI material, then saw that your third picture mentions NAUI. Why is this not in the NAUI forum?

Did you notice on your first question that the book says refracted and the question says reflected?

Didn't know there was a NAUI board, but I will have this thread moved now that I know that.

Yes I noticed the two words being used interchangeably . That's why I chose FALSE as my answer.

Didn't know there was a NAUI board, but I will have this thread moved now that I know that.

Yes I noticed the two words being used interchangeably . That's why I chose FALSE as my answer.
Think of it this way: the light coming to the camera is reflected light (from the subject). Once it goes through the lens it is then refracted light. The two words are not being used as identical meanings, but they are both correct. The question is being used to see if you understand what is happening, not to see if you remember the book word for word.

Never mind. Went back and looked at the pics again. Misunderstood the first time, yes your answers were good and the tests are wrong. Taking liberties with the interchangeable reflected vs refracted.

Last edited:
Wait a sec, does the hand icon represent your choice or the supposed correct answer?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom