MK 5 turret retainer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK guys, I contacted 3 machine shops and sent Luis' drawing; I'll keep you posted.

c

Hello Guys,

I've gotten 2 quotes so far from the 3 request I've sent out. In my view it's a bit too expensive:

Couv

From PandN:
Quantity
1 each $120.00
10 each 44.53
25 each 30.10

From Custom Components:

Quantity
1 each $591.16
5 each 129.21
10 each 74.57
220 each 24.12

Are the quotes for making the part from raw stock or are you taking a stock screw and drilling a hole in it and trimming the length.

SS....I'm not familiar with the process. I simply sent the drawing to the vendors. I'm assuming they are taking a rod of stock material and machining it; however, that is just a guess.

c

Hello Guys,

I've gotten 2 quotes so far from the 3 request I've sent out. In my view it's a bit too expensive:

Couv

From PandN:
Quantity
1 each $120.00
10 each 44.53
25 each 30.10

From Custom Components:

Quantity
1 each $591.16
5 each 129.21
10 each 74.57
220 each 24.12

I have not heard back from the 3rd vendor. I will go in seach of one more, but if any of you have any sources, please attempt to make contact.

I don't feel the prices posted above are worth it. Are any of you still interested in a retainer at the quoted prices?

couv

Not me.

For that price, we can probably pick up enough off of th'bay to suffice for everyone. Thus, that is too steep for me.

Next thing you know: the stock of older MK5's will be depleated. Better stock up now:D
Me, I'll stick to 35 in.-lbs with extra care.

Back
Top Bottom