MK 5 turret retainer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got mine today.

They look great.

Thanks to all involve for making this possible.

Special thanks to Zung and Texfrazer.

Mine are being held hostage until I buy another MK 5....but thank you again Zung and Tex.

Thanks Zung and Tex. Great job. Looks better machined than the original Scubapro part in my regs.
Bill

Luis,

I know long ago and far away we had a discussion on the correct torque as you and a couple of the other gurus had done a stress analysis and decided that the torque posted on the diagram was excessive. What torques range would recommend for the stainless bolt and brass bolt?

Thank you,

Couv

I started playing with the two MK5's I have, and noticed they have slight differences. Apparently one is an MK5 S.P.E.C. (Based on the pictures at the Reg Museum) Can someone tell me exactly what the SPEC part is and if it affects servicing?

I started playing with the two MK5's I have, and noticed they have slight differences. Apparently one is an MK5 S.P.E.C. (Based on the pictures at the Reg Museum) Can someone tell me exactly what the SPEC part is and if it affects servicing?

It is just a different cap (ambient chamber) designed to be packed with environmental silicone. The tube of silicone screwed into the cap for packing. Then filters and plugs were installed to minimize leakage. I have the instructions around somewhere and can scan and upload the W/E if anybody is interested.

It is just a different cap (ambient chamber) designed to be packed with environmental silicone. The tube of silicone screwed into the cap for packing. Then filters and plugs were installed to minimize leakage. I have the instructions around somewhere and can scan and upload the W/E if anybody is interested.

Thanks awap. I thought it might be something like that. The holes on that made getting the hook spanner to grip a bit difficult, plus that one is fairly gunked up, so it took a little force. I still cannot get the yoke removed. I haven't gotten it into an Ultrasonic cleaner to try to clean it up. I have to get me one of those.

Thanks awap. I thought it might be something like that. The holes on that made getting the hook spanner to grip a bit difficult, plus that one is fairly gunked up, so it took a little force. I still cannot get the yoke removed. I haven't gotten it into an Ultrasonic cleaner to try to clean it up. I have to get me one of those.

When tings are stuck, the solution is soaking, cleaning, hot and cold.

The 2 plugs in the cap are for filling the chamber. The other 2 unthreaded holes are for the hook pin spanner. They are quite deep (5mm) and should provide a good grip for turning the cap. If the plug is getting in the way, you could remove them but make sure you don't use the plugged hole to engage the spanner.

The cap threads are unprotected so they are subject to lots of buildup from salt sater exposure. If it is hard to disassemble, I suggest you resort to more cleaning and soaking rather than more force.

When tings are stuck, the solution is soaking, cleaning, hot and cold.

The 2 plugs in the cap are for filling the chamber. The other 2 unthreaded holes are for the hook pin spanner. They are quite deep (5mm) and should provide a good grip for turning the cap. If the plug is getting in the way, you could remove them but make sure you don't use the plugged hole to engage the spanner.

The cap threads are unprotected so they are subject to lots of buildup from salt sater exposure. If it is hard to disassemble, I suggest you resort to more cleaning and soaking rather than more force.

I don't remember seeing any deep holes, they all look like the ones in this picture, shallow recess with a small hole. I'm not going to apply any more force than I already did, I'll try the soaking hot/cold/rinse/repeat and see how it goes.

db_MK_5_SPEC_B1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom