MK2 vs MK2+ (construction)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowviz

Solo Diver
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What EXACTLY are the differences between an MK2 and an MK2+ ??

I found this: Scubapro Mk2 and Mk2+ but it hardly seems to be a definitive answer.

Quoting from the above link:

I think the difference between the MK2 and MK2+ is with the TIS antifreeze stuff; if I remember it's basically a bushing on the piston and a coated spring. I don't think I've ever actually opened up a MK that was not a "+".

I've def had mk2s without the bushing and coated springs.
I think they were a recomended replacement when sent in for service, so a lot of them got replaced.

Looking at the parts manuals, the bodys have a different PN and the TIS/not TIS springs are listed as options for the mk2+

The bodys could just be a different finish though too

I've got mk2 stages from the first generation up to the +. Ports were added and the bushing. Sometime a coated spring. Nope not much different, and I believe like what was said above, upgrades were done at service intervals. Not sure what the EVO brings to the table. Been considering the one that lex has for sale...

I've got mk2 stages from the first generation up to the +. Ports were added and the bushing. Sometime a coated spring. Nope not much different, and I believe like what was said above, upgrades were done at service intervals. Not sure what the EVO brings to the table. Been considering the one that lex has for sale...
Evo has a different spring and more TIS stuff.
A changeable HP orifice too

Please elaborate. All I have are the original (Pete Wolfinger) MK2 datasheets, NOTHING on the plus.

And this: Complete ScubaPro MK2/R190/R380 Repair Steps/Parts List...

The EVO has a volcano orifice in the body held in by an o-ring similar to this:

1655428979794.png

If damaged, it can be removed and replaced rather than replacing the body.

The MK2/2+ are not like this, and if damaged, you are buying a replacement body...

Got it, thanks for the information.

But I have no interest in the Evo as I already have a boatload of serviced MK17's to pick from. I'm looking for an old but serviceable MK2 to complete a minimalist retro rig that I'm working on.

It is more like a "I really should know something about MK2's" kind of thing. Respecting the elders...

Back
Top Bottom