MK25 Mainspring Backwards Compatibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Random Dude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

Looking to change out a defective spring on my MK25 (AF version as in pic), wondering if it's possible for me to change the MK25 EVO spring that has a thicker, blue coating instead?

Would prefer to have the increased cold and corrosion resistance provided by the new EVO springs if possible.

Appreciate if anyone could advise as to the backwards compatibility of the mainspring, thanks a lot!

Attachments

• IMG-20181228-WA0035.jpeg
    IMG-20181228-WA0035.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 139
@Pavao Asking on behalf of a friend who got the reg second hand.
Mainspring is slightly bent, not straight, and also does not hold stable IP (only 6 months after service with minimal use before creeping very high). Any idea on the backwards compatibility of the spring from the EVO version? Won't mind a slight upgrade since gonna change the mainspring anyway.

That’s a piston issue (given it’s a new seat), not a spring issue.
Unless you find a source of spring with very old inventory and they still have non blue spring (which isn’t a problem at all) then all the springs Scubapro sells now are the blue ones.

Yes, I am wondering if the current blue ones will work in the non-EVO versions.

As for the spring, they are cheap from my LDS, and might as well as change them to be sure since they are bent (no longer level on both sides), and also has the coating flaking off. Piston has no defects as far as can be detected.

Therefore, asking if any has any experience "upgrading" to the EVO springs.

Thanks all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom