Moderated?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what a member sees in an Alert when their post is deleted.

1650655056466.png

So, no indication of who deleted it by default. Here is what a ScubaBoard Staff member sees after a post is deleted. We can see who deleted it and can display the message for ourselves only.

1650655154804.png

For those that did not see this post, this is what Staff sees when the click "Show"

1650655346384.png

This is the only option Staff has when they delete a post:
1650655507530.png

Would it be useful if the Moderator or Staff member indicates the reason in the box above and then provides their username as part of the procedure? Something like: Off topic - Akimbo

This is the only option Staff has when they delete a post:
1650655507530.png

This is not what I see. I have the option to permanently delete, delete with reason, and tell the poster why.

8715948F-2890-4527-BA5E-93F6123119D8.jpeg

The name of the thread or post that has been moved should be hot in your Alert. Click on it to see where it has been moved.
My tax dollars "should" be spent wisely.
People "should" get out of my way when I drive.

"should" is a dangerous word. :wink:

Moved or removed? There's been no chat here about moving them has there, just removing? In which case they're gone forever right???
No. Pete has decreed that we shall not delete posts forever. The reason given is that it messes up the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom