Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys are just too funny. Hey, ATI just sent me a new Radeon 4650 512 PCI express graphics card. Its for PCs so if either of you could use this card, check to see if it is compatible with what you already have installed and whether it would mean an improvement for you. If so, its yours. Free!!!

I'll check and see what I have. My computer is a couple of years old but still pretty powerful. I did upgrade my video card when I bought it but again, that was a couple of years ago. I'd be willing to bet what you have is better than what I have but again, I'll check and see.

Ash

You can't beat AVID, 80% of all Hollywood films are now done with AVID, and their support is very good:wink: Their Bundles are just as great for full production from A to Z.

To keep things in perspective, Sony Vegas Movie Studio costs $90, Vegas Pro is $600. I think Avid is $3000 +.

Movie Maker is free:wink: Are we talking quality or price now?

I think we are talking paying for what you need. Hobbyist editing software vs. pro commercial editing software.

Avid is a great product, but as a hobbyist, Vegas does everything I need at a price I can afford. Avid is way more than I am willing to spend and is way above what I need.

I thought it was important for people to have an idea what the various software packages cost. For many on this board, Avid is too expensive to consider regardless of how good it is.

To keep things in perspective, Sony Vegas Movie Studio costs $90, Vegas Pro is $600. I think Avid is $3000 +.

$2500 software only. Works great.

I see nobody will even mention Pinnacle Studio software. It seems limited but for a techno-tard like myself, it is easy to use and the results are, well, good enough I guess. I wouldn't mind upgrading but am unsure what the next step would be. I am a hobbyist but am making a website to showcase some of my photography and I'd love to put together a video or two to augment the site. Any suggestions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom