Mola Mola season, Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi everyone - I wanted to jump into this thread as I'm visiting Bali and would love to try to see mola mola. The problem is the primary reason for my trip is to attend a wedding down in Uluwatu, so I'm limited by 2 factors:
- distance since it takes almost an hour to drive anywhere
- time - I only have 1 possible day out of my trip that I can go diving (and on that day there's a dinner for the wedding starting around 6 or 7pm

I've done some searching around for operators anywhere nearby but have had no luck so far hence I'm hoping to tap the collective wisdom of this board:
- has anyone done any diving at Nusa Penida while based in Uluwatu (around Padang Padang)? Is this even possible in terms of timing?
- if yes, do you have a reputable operator to recommend?
- if not, then are there any recommended dive sites possible as an easy day trip from Uluwatu?

Thanks for the input!

- Alan
Any dive operation in Sanur should be able to do that for you, with the toll road it's not that far from the Bukit (the south end of the island) to Sanur and then over to Penida. A two tank dive should get you back into Sanur around 2 or 3. Also, there are a couple of dive ops operating out of Nusa Dua so that is even closer to Uluwatu area, their boats should depart from Tanjung Benoa/Nusa Dua area so quite easy to get you back on time

Any dive operation in Sanur should be able to do that for you, with the toll road it's not that far from the Bukit (the south end of the island) to Sanur and then over to Penida. A two tank dive should get you back into Sanur around 2 or 3. Also, there are a couple of dive ops operating out of Nusa Dua so that is even closer to Uluwatu area, their boats should depart from Tanjung Benoa/Nusa Dua area so quite easy to get you back on time
Thanks Mike - that's good to know. I'll look further into it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom