Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The conditions in Monterey were really wonderful yesterday but the show stopper was the sunrise. Photographers and folks with their cell phones were lined up taking pictures of it. It was breathtaking!

Monday was a milky 20 along the wall. Saw a lot of Mermaides purses. It was a nice day. Second dive was in the kelp area. There isn't a lot of kelp left. Vis was milky 10+.

Monday was a milky 20 along the wall. Saw a lot of Mermaides purses. It was a nice day. Second dive was in the kelp area. There isn't a lot of kelp left. Vis was milky 10+.

Hmmmm I've been wanting to see those! Might check it out this weekend. Sucks to hear there isn't much kelp left :(

Hmmmm I've been wanting to see those! Might check it out this weekend. Sucks to hear there isn't much kelp left :(

It's winter time. The middle reef gets pretty barren. Wait until the spring time, it should be very lush again.

The Metridium fields are really pretty awesome. Just head due North off the end of the big pipe.
Swim out to where Reeside Ave and the bathrooms on the Coast Guard pier line up.
Drop down.
Head due north until you hit the big pipe.
Follow the pipe to the end.
Head due north about 20-ish kicks and you are in the Metridium fields.

It's winter time. The middle reef gets pretty barren. Wait until the spring time, it should be very lush again.

The Metridium fields are really pretty awesome. Just head due North off the end of the big pipe.
Swim out to where Reeside Ave and the bathrooms on the Coast Guard pier line up.
Drop down.
Head due north until you hit the big pipe.
Follow the pipe to the end.
Head due north about 20-ish kicks and you are in the Metridium fields.

I'm looking forward to seeing it in the Spring! Still happy to see what we see now, too :)

Great video if the Metridium fields, Becca! I saw them a little while ago with @wnissen -- definitely want to go back again soon.

North Monastery was equally poor, though there were two sizable wolf eels and some nice ling cod, about midway to the splash rock. My friends and I usually rate the visibility in terms of soup -- from consommé on the clear end of the spectrum, to minestrone just after a storm.

Yesterday, was miso soup . . .

North Monastery was equally poor, though there were two sizable wolf eels and some nice ling cod, about midway to the splash rock. My friends and I usually rate the visibility in terms of soup -- from consommé on the clear end of the spectrum, to minestrone just after a storm.

Yesterday, was miso soup . . .

Oh I like that! Soups make it more fun instead of using meters or feet for vis. Sucks it was miso soup though, that's not very fun. Glad you saw the wolf eels and ling cod at least!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom