Montreal dive buddy wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be there also, bring a diving hoot......stay warm, your body feels fine in a 7mm, and gloves too!

Should be a great day....

Mo

I don't know how warm your blood is, but this calls for a 14mm!
Oreocookie is doing the advanced open water certification, which includes a deep dive. There are at least 2 thermoclines at the quarry at those depths! I would not try a first deep dive in a 7mm wetsuit, just in case the water turns out to be too cold. But that's just me :D

Ok went to Kanawake on the weekend. At 45 feet the water was 47-52 degress...for a 45 min dive I was fine in 7mm suit, hood and gloves...mind you it was warm and humid outside so it took the body awhile to cool down. First thermocline was fine, second one you felt...partner got some leg cramps...resolves with stretching.

The deep divers said they were good with 14mm (double on chest). Visibilty sucked as too many people in the water for the buddy dive day. We went out 50-100m to get decent visibilty.

Enjoy your AOW....

Poised:cool2:

thanks for the info. i'm really looking forward to this weekend :D

I thought it was cold when we went through the first thermocline yesterday, but I completely changed my mind on that when we passed through the second thermocline on the deep dive this morning. :shocked2: brain freeze. thankfully my face was the only part of me that was cold.

Good thing those deep dives aren't too long :D
Congrats on your certification!

Thinking about diving the Kanawake tomorrow. From what I read my 6.5mm suit won't cut it eh?
Will anyone else be there ?

Cheers!

Thinking about diving the Kanawake tomorrow. From what I read my 6.5mm suit won't cut it eh?
Will anyone else be there ?

Cheers!

I guess it depends how deep you wanted to go. There is a thermocline at around 25 feet, and another one deeper.
So, the question is, how "warm" was the wather this past weekend? I haven't been there for over 3 weeks now so I'm sure it's warmed up since I was there last!
Cheers :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom