More Long Hose Ignorance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember reading a book/article by Gary Gentile when he suggested (slightly flippantly) that one thing people should consider is using a 50'-60' hose for wreck diving penetrations and stowing their doubles "at the door". You would be much more streamlined, for the penetration, and your "line" would be much tougher.

I can think of a few drawbacks though... although it would be fun to see the reactions of some people that that!
Actually, our protocols for that sort of operation: surface supplied with a surface supplied tender at the point of entry, who is in voice communication with the penetration diver, while a bit cumbersome in terms of the number of personnel required, works really, really well.

I'd appreciate it if some of you more experienced and knowledgable folks would comment if my LONG hose is stored proper so as to avoid entanglement/choking hazards. Thanks! :D

:confused: Should I have hose envy, now? :idk:

I'd appreciate it if some of you more experienced and knowledgable folks would comment if my LONG hose is stored proper so as to avoid entanglement/choking hazards. Thanks! :D

So would you practice a "SUPER Modified S" drill with that hose?

Last edited:
Nice long hose Irish
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
Thanks! :wink:
:confused: Should I have hose envy, now? :idk:
You betcha! :)

Sowould you practice a "SUPER Modified S" drill with that hose?
I might. Probably run out of air by time it was deployed and then re-routed.:D I did an air share when a diver ran out of air. I went ahead and sent him to the surface. Finished my dive @ 80ft. on my necklaced reg while he was at the surface on my primary. :rofl3::popcorn:

Squid,

If you agree to come to this area to dive with that long hose, I agree to get you diving with as many 4D members as possible......maybe even the guy that wrote the ridiculous PDF.

Thanks! :wink:

You betcha! :)

I might. Probably run out of air by time it was deployed and then re-routed.:D I did an air share when a diver ran out of air. I went ahead and sent him to the surface. Finished my dive @ 80ft. on my necklaced reg while he was at the surface on my primary. :rofl3::popcorn:

Not to worry. There's a whole bunch of air in that hose, even when the tank runs out. :)

I did an air share when a diver ran out of air. I went ahead and sent him to the surface. Finished my dive @ 80ft. on my necklaced reg while he was at the surface on my primary.

:rofl3:

Awesome.

Squid,

If you agree to come to this area to dive with that long hose, I agree to get you diving with as many 4D members as possible......maybe even the guy that wrote the ridiculous PDF.
You got me "thinking": Put a reg every 40" on that long hose, and do a "Super S Drill" with the whole club at one time. That should keep the "author" happy as the hose lengths would be "regulation". :wink:

On a side note, Thanks y'all for letting me have a little fun with this. I guess it just shows how silly the entire pdf is. :)

You got me "thinking": Put a reg every 40" on that long hose, and do a "Super S Drill" with the whole club at one time. That should keep the "author" happy as the hose lengths would be "regulation". :wink:

On a side note, Thanks y'all for letting me have a little fun with this. I guess it just shows how silly the entire pdf is. :)

OOPS! Just re-read that and realized that wouldn't quite work. My first isn't that HOSS of a piece of gear. I'd have to let the author borrow my spare air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom