Morrison & Cyprus springs where to get tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave_lucas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

Planning to dive Morrison and Cyprus springs later this month and was wondering where to to get tanks and weights? Air or Nitrox we can dive either.

we will be staying in the Destin area and driving.

Thanks in advance for the tips

Last edited:
In Destin, Emerald Coast Scuba or Scuba Tech. Both on US 98 close to the bridge to Okaloosa I. (that crosses the inlet). You can do a dive at the bridge or East ("Thumb") Jetty as well.

Thanks for the info. Guess I will have to keep my eye on things and see if we can even dive them with the rain / weather from Nate.

Starting to think hurricanes are stalking me :(

Thanks for all of the information, Looks like Nate is going to make it swell. Fingers crossed that is drops before we arrive in a few weeks

Rule of thumb for Morrison is if the river is at 6' or less and decreasing it's good, 7'+ and/or increasing it's bad.

Attachments

• waterlevel.JPG
    waterlevel.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 25
We went by Morrison yesterday and it was flooded with Brown water and they had a sign posted about elevated bacteria levels and not to swim.

As we arrived a few divers were getting out and said that it was not worth diving and another group went in and came right back out and said the same.

We spent the day today at Vortex and had it to ourselves and really enjoyed the dives. Not a huge place but lots of swim through sand stuff to explore.

Cypress is our next stop

Yea Morrison can be pretty hit and miss depending on recent rainfall. Vortex seems to have more flow and clears out faster when there have been poor conditions.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom