Morrison silt out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amobeus

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello

I spent most of the day up in Barrie yesterday and during my visit dove down on the Morrison and I'm sorry to report the vis has gone to zero. there is a large water drain pipe just noth of the Morrison on the beach that is flowing water out creating quite a silt out. I don't know if this is the norm for this time of year, but I had fun pulling myself out to the wreck than like reading Braille fingered myself around the it.

Amobeus.

Unfortunately, that is nothing new. It's a popular place for instructors to take students and as a result, it tends to be fairly silted at times. However, this time of year you would think it would be less so.

after the amount of rain in the last few days

wait until a few days of cool sunny weather and then try it - i had experienced viz of up to 40 ft there in the fall/winter

Vlada

I was on a wreck last night and was standing on deck before I knew it. Vis was about 2-3 feet.

Must be from the rain.

Once we penetrated however it was nice and clear. Well untill we penetrated then it was a little silty :)

All in all a nice dive but only because we spent most of the dive inside the wreck. The others who stayed outside could not really see anything and it was not all that great.

Penetrated the Morrison? The J.C. Morrison? In Barrie? I guess it has that little bit of a structure left. Not much of a deck.

I think I might have been behind you the other day. I was pulling into Trinity common in Brampton and in front of me was a blue (I think) truck with www.scubajunkies.ca on the back. I wrote it down and now see the www in your Sig. Would that have been you? I also see you are from Brampton so it must have been you. Do you dive out of a store in the Brampton area?

Jamie Grant

I was not on the Morrison. it was another wreck. I have never been on the Morrison.

yes that was either me or my wife. I was probably me unless the driver was driving like a maniac. Then it was my wife. :)

You could say that I dive out of a shop in brampton. I am a LDS Manager. for fear of deletion I can't say which one though :)

Let me knwo if you want to go diving some time. (this is not a solicitation for business) Just a friendly invite.

I have been trying to get in a few dives a week.

we dive in Lake Ontario around toronto, toby, penatang, trent river etc. Have never been to kingston but would likt to try that some time.

keep trying to dive in port dover but always gets screwed up :)

but we try to stay local durring the week. Monday is a guaranteed dive night for me. other nights like last night are here and there. I got special permission from the wife to go out last night so I could finish a cert.

When you say local, where do you go? I have heard reports on them trying to get the Caledon Gravel company to open up to divers. The only other place I can think would be Lake Ontario.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom