Morrison silt out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D33pS1x
Was out on the Morrision today again. (DM mapping project blah)....
I always thought they were storm sewers... rain from gutters, down grates in the road eventually ending up in the lake. Which would explain why it gets so murky after rain.

Just good clean dirt!:D

A bunch of us are going out today... might be a bit warmer. Hope we get your viz! Thanks for showing me your pix.

Hello

A freind and I two year back layed out all the line to the Morrison as it was neglected and needed replacement. We were also the ones who took the lines past the wreck and out in line with the water discharge pipes. The water coming out of those pipes beleave it or not is excess filterd water from the filtration plant across the road from Centennial beach, if you get cold just hang on till the warm exhaust water warms you up. I havn't grown any third leg or developed and bumps so its safe. This coming summer 204 the Morrison will under go a clean up along the path to the wreck with new blocks and heavy perminent lines, we are also trying to get the city of Barrie to install a historical notification of the wreck along the centennial beach pathway, its amazing how many residence up there do not know this wreck exist. If any of you guys have the energy while diving her, start cutting away some of the old yellow rope that is floating around out there.

Thanks

Amobeus.

The viz actually looks good! I don't think I've ever seen it that clear before.

to the City of Barrie, I can assure you... the outflow pipes you speak of are NOT stormwater treatment pipes.

I was brought in to help with the TCE in the groundwater issue that someone may remember, about 3 summers ago. My office was in the wastewater treatment plant, just outside Centennial Park.

Now, for what it's worth, for the sake of not grossing anyone out... all the brown stuff gets packaged up and sent elsewhere. The liquid stuff gets treated, filtered, and pumped out into the bay. 'Treated' is the operative term. I wouldn't DRINK it, but it's fine to swim in.

Hi

I wouldn't mind doing a long dive out and beyond the Morrison this weekend weather permitting looking for junk , any divers wanting to get togethor ping me.

Amobeus

Isn't there already a sign about the Morrison near the beach? This is where the majority of the people are (just not the majority of divers.)

If the Town of Barrie is looking to spend some money on the site I'd suggest a few stairs would be an excellent investment.

Yes stairs would be an excellent idea for older out of shape divers like myself .Ive almost slipped a few times on those slimey rocks!

Hi

You've go that right buddy, I'd love to get some of those rocks moved and clear a slope down to the waters edge so you don't brake your neck getting in and out. Pehaps next summer we can move some of thos rocks. Yes! there is a plaque screwd to the Morrison but I'm talking on the grass near the path were people can read about it and know why divers are dipping in and out.

Amobeus

I would be more than willing to help out,but we would certainly need to get permission from someone in Barrie. Perhaps the new mayor!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom