Morrison Springs Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I talked to them recently and they said Labor day is the expected open date.

We drove up to the gate on Sunday. Its looking nicer. Some grass was put in, and a building was up. Much of the concrete was done.

Phooey, I'm in the Destin area next week for vacation and had been hoping all summer they would get done in time. I guess it's Vortex for the end of trip gear washing.

Hey everyone.

Here are some recent pics posted on the counties website. At the top of the page it says that they are going to schedule to reopen Sept 1st (Labor Day).

A few things to notice,
1.) they have 'bus parking'. Hopefully there won't be busloads of people there, but also might be nice for divers who are traveling and have their RV or pulling a camper.

2.) pavillion looks nice. even has ceiling fans.

3.) The last pic shows the boat ramp in relation to the boardwalk. It's nicely downstream which will be safer not having boats overhead.

4.) outside showers on bathhouse for rinsing off. (not sure if they're heated or not).

5.) the "diving center" (dock) looks like it's way around the basin from the pics shown. I wonder how many people will use it or will just do the traditional "shore entry".

see pics and descriptions here.
Morrison Counstruction pics on Walton County Website (from July 30th)

Sept. 1 not good for me to come down, I will already be in WPB for the weekend. Already paid my $$ can't get it back.

Maybe another weekend in Sept. though.

Cindy

Thanks for the update Mike!

They made some great headway in the past month. I sure hope to be there.

Mike, several of us locals need to plan a trip. I know MB2.0 wants to hit it again pretty bad.

We are about to plan a trip also to Martha's in Sept and would be cool if we could get a group together to go up there too!

Kenny

Thanks for the updates. I'll be there Sept. 1st.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually open the saturday/sunday before the 1st (monday) as that's Labor Day weekend.... I doubt the construction crews will be working that weekend (unless they are running behind, which as they've already proven, is highly possible).

The county will prob have some "ribbon cutting" or grand presentation on the 1st (if it's completed) for the local newspaper to show how they "improved" the spring.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom