Movies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Italian for Begginers
Little Voice
Snatch
Blade Runner
Jeremiah Johnson
Angelheart
Laurence of Arabia
Dr. Zhivago
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Citizen Kane
Fargo
Apacolypse Now
Hearts of Darkness
Godfather
Harold and Maude
SlingBlade
Goodfellas
Butch Cassidy and the Sudance Kid
Cool Hand Luke
Usual Suspects
Shawshand Redemption
Addiction
Wizard of Oz

One movie I HATED and most people liked:
The Green Mile-and anything else writen by Steven King. The Green Mile was possibly the worst movie I have ever seen.

I would highly recommend seeing more non-Hollywood movies. My wife forced me to see some "coffe house" movies and after watching those types of movies most everything from Hollywood looks so formulaic and "glitzy" and hyped.

Lots of good movies out there. Unfortunately, there are a lot more bad movies out there.

Buff:
Good thing we don't live together. I couldn't live with anyone that HATED John Koffee and the Green Mile.
I have to say Tom Cruise has disappointed me with some of his recent movies, but Tom Hanks never has. He was great in the Green Mile.
So pass the popcorn and let the show begin!

yeah, I would have to agree on non-mainstream flicks. My wife has gotten me to watch several foreign and indie movies. They certainly don't have the great cinematograhpy or special effects, but sometimes (and I do mean sometimes) they are quite interesting in their approach to telling a story. It's also nice to see other cultures in a current time frame, and what social aspects are important to them in their movies.

Mike

You watch foreign films, bike ride(your photo looks like you were doing some criterium racing)and scuba dive!!!!!!!!!

What DON'T we have in common, Speedster???......I know, I bet you ride a lot faster than me.

Did you hate "The Green Mile" too??

Mike

Definately the Blues Brothers.
Anyone ever see Some Kind of Wonderful?
New movie: The Lord of the Rings, still in progress.
and.. A River Runs Through It.

Bad Movies? Almost anything by Disney. I just can't stand the politics!

My favorites:

1- Always
2- The Island

Tom

I love this thread. Even though Buff HATES one of my favorite movies.
I should add "Dances with Wolves" to my list. Anyone like or hate that one?

"Jee Eddie, real tomatoe catsup?"
"nothen' but the best Clark."
"I don't know why they call this stuff Hamburger Helper, just just fine by itself, don't ya think so Clark?"

National Lampoon's Vaction

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom