Movin' to Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deadeye

Reaction score
I finally had a chance to look at the board after several days!

Wish I could do the Coz thing, but all my time's taken up with the house sale, house buy, new job duties etc.

Hopefully things will get better.

Houston, yuuuck --- job, yaaaay

Deadeye

Deadeye,

Houston aint all that bad. I grew up on the west side. I do have to admit it would take a really good job offer to get me to go back. I go back to visit a few times a year and that is plenty.

Hope to dive with you again soon

Tom

Welcome to the neighborhood! Well, I guess that depends on where you end up.

Let Beast and I know when you get settled.

When you're coming from Midland to Houston, there could be some culture shock.

There are some very nice people to know (like Dee) and some good dive connections. Let me know when you're available after your move and see if we can't get together.

Have a good move.

DSAO

Tom, and daylight,
Please elaborate. We'll be making our final plans soon. David wants to move back. I have mixed feelings. The humid weather, and fire ant stories, don't turn me on. But he will have to give his boss his decision after the 1st of the year.
Thanks!

Natasha,

Houston is a good place to live. Being the fourth largest city n the country, Houston is very diverse. Each area of the city has its own personality. There are a lot of things hapening here (both good and bad)

It's like anywhere else,
"its what you make of it"

Regards,

Larry

Welcome to Houston!

I too don't care for the city life, but find Houston as good a city to earn a living in as they come. Dallas seemed the other option, but don't care much for our division there. (A country boy, that gets home every weekend off) I prefer the solitude of our neck of the woods in North east Texas to wind down.

Drop a note when you get in and settled, we have some great company here to dive and dine with!

tony :jester:

ps. Natasha, get your northern frosted butt on down here, we need some more Swampsters in Houston, and it's not "that" hot and humid (snicker).

I really don't know that I can. In all honesty I am beginning to miss being in the Houston area.

1) I can fish freash and salt water all I want.
2) Duck hunting is just as good
3) I hate winter anyway. Winter in Houston lasts about 3 weeks
4) You get used to the heat, humidity and mosquitos without too much trouble.
5) You never have a bad hair day. They are all bad, so you just learn to do something different.

Pearland is far enough outside Houston and on the right side that you get the benefits of the area not not many of the draw backs. The socioeconomic make up of the area I grew up has changed dramatically.

Come on down Natasha, we would love to have ya.

Tom

Deadeye,
Houston is not so bad.
I made a lot of new friends my last time there and think that in the future, I may be posting the same announcement as you.
Miss you all,
:)
Vettster

I guess my main reason I didn't look forward to moving to Houston is the size of the place and the traffic.

After living in a city I could drive all the way across in 10 minutes for 8 years, any big city would be bad to me. (It could have been worse, California Bay Area was another option)

I'm going on a house hunting trip next week and hope to find something which doesn't have too much of a commute associated with it, perhaps the Sugarland area.

After reading the comments from others I remembered the humidity, mosquitoes, and other wonderful things I had gotten used to when I lived close to New Orleans and I will have to get used to once again.

On the good side, now maybe I can wash my Miata and expect it to stay clean for more than two days. I won't miss the wind/dust of Midland.

Deadeye (Terry)

Back
Top Bottom