Movin' to Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a great thread. This board always is there for me. It's so amazing.
I can say after being in the Dallas area, I really liked Dallas a lot. I even said I liked it more then Houston. But I probably need to hear more about Houston. I've really only been there, 2 short times.
As the date to make our final plans nears, my feet are getting cold. Or is it the soon to come Chicago snow doing it?
I can say the people in Texas have been more then wonderful to me. I don't feel the 'culture' difference even exists.
Seems no matter where I go, if you smile, people will smile back at you.
I'm willing to give it the old 'try'. But it's still scary, and I'd love to hear more.

I may have a little different take on Houston for you. I've lived all my life about 25 miles east of downtown. But in 30 minutes, I can have access to most anything imaginable from upscale stores and the theater district to parts of town where you shop on the side of the street to the most depressing slums....it's all there. While at the same time, my area has everything I need without ever driving into Houston proper....except for the dive shops!

It's the suburbs in the various areas of town that are so interesting. You can have a home 'in the country' and avoid the mad rush of traffic yet still be close to the action if you want it. And if apartment/condo living is your thing, you'll have multitudes to choose from in the 'burbs too.

With the inner 610 loop and outer Beltway 8 both circling Houston proper, you can get anywhere without fighting the freeways...just a matter of learning the roads, so don't let the rumors of Houston traffic scare ya! There are dive shops in all parts of town and I've been to them all!

So stay your fears and come on down....we'll leave the light on for ya!

Will send Natasha a fire ant colony so she can get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom