Moving in the Military

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squalus

The Good Humor Guy
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just as we all have been through this, that once in every 3-4 year PCS (permanent change of station=moving).
Have you ever wondered if the people who work in the housing section have some sort of connectiion with the local realtors? For instance, I requested information on apartments and to my delight they sent me a bunch of realtor cards and house listings. Hmmm would have been great if Kansas was the place I planned to stay when I retire but,.........NOPE not gonna do that. The only good thing that they sent me was a map of the local area, just to show me that there is nowhere to dive and no water to be seen locally.
At least this time I got the military to move my stuff (scuba gear stays with me though). Not doing a DITY move ever again, that is the most stressful thing to do IMHO. Hopefully this time some of my stuff will not get triffled through.

Just got my Orders today. Need to be clearing by 10 OCT. HAWAII Hmmmm Sponser said "Are you Nitrox MK 16 style?" I said "Uh no I am OC but not Semi closed", he said good thing we have a class 1-4 NOV KEWL hey. Oh yeah it seems I am getting the Dive Det. Man what a bummer :D

Aquadoc68:
Just got my Orders today. Need to be clearing by 10 OCT. HAWAII Hmmmm Sponser said "Are you Nitrox MK 16 style?" I said "Uh no I am OC but not Semi closed", he said good thing we have a class 1-4 NOV KEWL hey. Oh yeah it seems I am getting the Dive Det. Man what a bummer :D

Thought your orders got changed to SF land? Anyhoot, keep an eye out for me and one other for company in that wonderful place you got. Will plan an outting in your ao.

I'm still trying to figure out when I want to go to Ft. Lee for my captain's advanced course. Right now, a lot of my decision will have to wait until I have some guidance about my left knee and the results from my MRI.

Squalus:
Thought your orders got changed to SF land? Anyhoot, keep an eye out for me and one other for company in that wonderful place you got. Will plan an outting in your ao.
No they were fighting it out at DA and I guess 91 branch won. As far as I know my orders say HI. BUT....
I thought long and hard about being hard and ya know who says the third time I break my back I will walk again, AG got alligator tears when I told her, she was so happy to hear I don't feel the need to be that hard anymore. Let some young stud from Regiment come fill the slot. I just wanna Dive my way into retirement. :D Y'all can call me a Pogue aced REMF all you want i am gonna be 74" 230lbs of tan stud at my 20 year reunion. not somewhere in some Sheeeeeat hole eating sand. OMG did I just say that????? LOL

Yeah, the sand tastes horrible. It doesn't make for good diving either.

Oh I do not miss those days of moving about the world at a moments short notice. Something to be said for being a Capt (retired)

Aquadoc68:
No they were fighting it out at DA and I guess 91 branch won. As far as I know my orders say HI. BUT....
I thought long and hard about being hard and ya know who says the third time I break my back I will walk again, AG got alligator tears when I told her, she was so happy to hear I don't feel the need to be that hard anymore. Let some young stud from Regiment come fill the slot. I just wanna Dive my way into retirement. :D Y'all can call me a Pogue aced REMF all you want i am gonna be 74" 230lbs of tan stud at my 20 year reunion. not somewhere in some Sheeeeeat hole eating sand. OMG did I just say that????? LOL

True, let the young and the bold do what we used to do. We just offer sage advice on how to do it. Hmm if I head that way you go too :D, plus it's like ruffage good for the colon :wink: . Two more years then off to PA school my friend and working part time and goofing off at 38.

Squalus:
True, let the young and the bold do what we used to do. We just offer sage advice on how to do it. Hmm if I head that way you go too :D, plus it's like ruffage good for the colon :wink: . Two more years then off to PA school my friend and working part time and goofing off at 38.
ROGER THAT MY BFAM. I came to that realization just this year. It still pulls me though and it is so hard to turn it down. BUT when my sponser E'd me three days ago and said "all is good so far but I have to get back with you later because I'm at Coconut Island with the rest of the team relocating coral for a university. We do this mission about every 6 months or so until it's completed." It reminded me when I was @ Eglin moving Sea Grass so they could dreadge an inlet. we transplanted like 10K plugs of sea grass. It makes it a little easier to take. AND to all you Civies out there see we do good things for the world too not just blow it up :D

GDI you Sig cracks me up!!! That is awesome :rofl:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom