Moving in the Military

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe, I believe we chatted last night with ScubaPolly and Firebrand, I hope that made you feel more at home.

Yes, like old times my friend this times, I wasn't passed around on the cell phone.

Nothing makes you feel better than to leave the last unit thinking the next one will be better (yeah right, it is always that way). I finally get all signed in at my leisurely pace due to my rank (yes being high on the totem pole does pay :D ). Today I get all my shots and dental done and the most important thing finance.

Near the afternoon, my new boss comes down from his office and takes me to lunch as a friendly gesture. We discuss the current events that affect us all and what not then he puts the bottom line up front. He has given me the choice of working in 1) A Regular Infantry Battalion, 2) Light Infantry Battalion (made up entirely of Rangers), 3) Field Artillery, 4) Military Intelligence Battalion, 5) Military Police Battalion, 6) Calvary Battalion. Seeing this is my last assignment for I am retireing after this stint, I came in the Army and was assigned to a Rangerr Bn so, I will fullfill my obligation with the Light Infantry Battalion (Rangers).

The sad thing is that the whole brigade does not have any equipment :11: as of yet.

What are the rules for servicemembers that want to come to the Philippines? Has each service and/or MAJCOM/MACOM got approval authority? We were wondering why our military dive mates have stopped coming.......
BTW, I am an ole troop myself. No more soldiering, just being joe-citizen now.

I will need to talk to the S2 to find out, I think it is a red flag area.

Babydamulag:
What are the rules for servicemembers that want to come to the Philippines? Has each service and/or MAJCOM/MACOM got approval authority? We were wondering why our military dive mates have stopped coming.......
BTW, I am an ole troop myself. No more soldiering, just being joe-citizen now.

Getting to the PI from Hawaii you have to have a signature of clearance from an 07 or above. Yep, an 06 just won't do it. Plus before you try an obtain a signature you have to fill out a bunch of forms stating when, where, and why you want to go. How long you plan on being there and what you plan on doing. That still might not get you permission either.

Wow, that is ugly. No wonder there is no motivation to get to the PI. It is amazing how long the arm of micromanagement has gotten in the military. Good thing I am finished with that gig. Well, I guess it is all in the "safety" of our military folks. Wow.....an O-7! Always keep 50 bar.

hmmm can you wait for three years or 36 months (that sounds better). I could head out that way when I retire.

Squalus:
Thought your orders got changed to SF land? Anyhoot, keep an eye out for me and one other for company in that wonderful place you got. Will plan an outting in your ao.
who?

BabyDuck:

That would be who would be interested in going.....:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom