Moving to DC in May, need a good shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marlinspike:
Personally, I am driving my gear down to NC this weekend to get it serviced by people who know what they are doing, will have my gear back to me when they said, and wont give me attitude. That is 5 regulators, 4 sets of doubles and 5 stage bottles. Do the math on cost. Thats my money being spent somewhere other than a DC dive shop.
Just out of curiosity, who are you taking it to?

I can't imagine anyone around here having a problem with an LDS in the DC area! :)

O-ring:
I can't imagine anyone around here having a problem with an LDS in the DC area! :)

Well, my gear is ready. Less than 2 weeks after being dropped off in NC. It would really be nice if we had a better LDS in the DC area. The drive to NC is a good excuse to go diving while down there though.

~Marlinspike

cmalinowski:
Just back on topic here a little bit. I've heard good things about National Diving Center in DC. I've never been there, but talked to a couple dive buddies who have been and had good service by people who knew what they were doing. Apparently, the prices were even decent for services.

Gotta adimit, my experiences with NDC were not so good. Most annoying were their seemingly random hours. Come to think of it, last time I had to pick up odds and ends, I forgot that NDC was even an option -- and it's by far the closest to my house.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom