MP3 players

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know people who have them,and will use them on deco,but during a cave dive probably not a good idea. I have depended on hearing in the cave environment to pick out things like a leak amongst my gear that could have bad consequences further back in the cave. If any part of your attention is distracted away from the dive by listening to say music or a pod cast,then you are no longer a 100% participating member of the team. I'd say leave the MP3 player on your 20' deco bottle for OW,but not in the cave.

Agreed Karstdvr, during the dive one needs to have their attention on the dive, on deco it would be a welcome distraction.

The only one I have seen is only rated for 10ft............I am in the market for one, so if anyone knows of one that can go deeper... pm me

thanks guys. thats what i was thinking. ive only heard of one person so far using one but didnt have any details on weather it was just for deco or they were using in cave also. thanks again

Some of my friends have the iRivers. I know for a fact that they have seen the south side of 250ft without issue. The dive to the Superroom in Eagles Nest proved that. (Also to the Ephasia Pit in Harveys). The resultant pressure DID make the unit come on at depth though.

Hmmmm.......
Another reason for stroke-dum for me.
Since I sing (or whatever you call it) for the whole dive ...

Well , you get the point ... :(:(:(

Stroke Slug

Not that I will ever dive with one, but are you guys saying you can take an Ipod to 250'? must be some kind of fancy case? And how do the headphones work with that kind of pressure against them? Sorry just interested

lol iphone, ipod, iriver, imean jeeez its is easy to get confused. Pretty cool though, who would have thought? Hey thanks for the link. Impressive your buddies are finding they hold up at that depth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom