mrytle beach diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

49thdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for comments on dive charters and sites near Myrtle Beach SC.

Planning on being there March 17 to 24.

Coastal and Nu Horizon look like the best operators in town.
I like the idea of seeing some sand tigers.
We are experinced cold water divers eh and like to see lots or critters.

Peter

I think Nu Horizons are great people and will treat you right! FYI diving is touch and go that time of year. You could get a very rocky ride, or maybe even a blow out. Good luck, hopefully you will get calm seas!

Mrytle Beach is a great area. Great party spot, weather is a bit iffy around that time though. I hope you guys have a great trip.

Coastal is the only operation I have any experience with. BTW that was my first time on a charter or in the ocean. They took really good care of me taking time to explain anything I didn't understand.
When I make it back to MB in May I will be going with them again
Ray

dcs917:
Is Capt. Tuck and the M/V Dolphin still running?

As far as I know, YES, I didn't get out with him last year though. I know he moved Marina's and he is booking through Nu Horizons these days.

LindaBluedolphin:
As far as I know, YES, I didn't get out with him last year though. I know he moved Marina's and head he is booking through Nu Horizons these days.

I went out with them this summer and would recommend them to anyone. They are booking through Nu Horizons. I normally try to avoid anything bigger than a 6-pack, but the Dolphin doesn't feel crowded. Plus, how often do you get to ride a boat that has over 2000 hp:)?

Jackie Cooper

Hoyden:
I went out with them this summer and would recommend them to anyone. They are booking through Nu Horizons. I normally try to avoid anything bigger than a 6-pack, but the Dolphin doesn't feel crowded. Plus, how often do you get to ride a boat that has over 2000 hp:)?

Jackie Cooper

So right! I love Capt. Tuck he is the only operator I would dive with in that area.

Try http://expresswatersports.com/. Located Murrells inlet. Their shop is across street from boat.

I'll second Express Water Sports in the Inlet. I got my certification with them this past summer and found them to be excellent. They are buying a new, 40-ish ft, dive boat this year. No experience with the others yet, but I'm planning on diving with Coastal this summer. But then I live in Myrtle Beach, so it's easier to pick and chose here.

The vis here can be 50ft or 3ft on any given day, so you roll the dice frequently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom