MSRP for Aqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carolrose

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How can I find the MSRP's for Aqualung regulators? I checked their site, but don't see any prices listed.
TIA

which aqualung reg?

• Pn 129010 - Legend LX - MSRP $595
  • PN 129040 - Legend LX Supreme - MSRP $610
  • PN 129100 - Legend - MSRP $495
  • PN 129106 - Legend Supreme - MSRP $510
  • PN 129380 - Titan LX - MSRP $375
  • PN 129370 - Titan LX - Supreme - MSRP $439
  • PN 100850 - Titan Micra ADJ - MSRP $469
  • PN 125850 - Titan - MSRP $298
  • PN 125750 - Calypso - MSRP $269

Note: those part numbers are all for the Yoke 1st stages. DIN is the same price, just different part number.

Let me know if you need more.

BTW... don't let your LDS con you into paying full MSRP for an Aqualung Reg.

Are there any house painters I can "con" in to a deal??????

mike_s:
which aqualung reg?

• Pn 129010 - Legend LX - MSRP $595
  • PN 129040 - Legend LX Supreme - MSRP $610
  • PN 129100 - Legend - MSRP $495
  • PN 129106 - Legend Supreme - MSRP $510
  • PN 129380 - Titan LX - MSRP $375
  • PN 129370 - Titan LX - Supreme - MSRP $439
  • PN 100850 - Titan Micra ADJ - MSRP $469
  • PN 125850 - Titan - MSRP $298
  • PN 125750 - Calypso - MSRP $269
Note: those part numbers are all for the Yoke 1st stages. DIN is the same price, just different part number.

Let me know if you need more.

BTW... don't let your LDS con you into paying full MSRP for an Aqualung Reg.

Thank you!! This is very helpful. The LDS did say that they are very limited as to what they can do price wise with life support equipment, but they will give me 10% of my purchase price in store credit which seems fair enough. I am looking at the Legend, but am still not 100% sure that's what I'll end up with. The guy I'm going to talk to on Saturday already told me he tends to favor scubapro over aqualung, so I'm going to hear him out and see what he has to show me. I've already been in to talk to two different people at the LDS, so I'm really just trying to collect as much info as possible since this the most expensive purchase I've ever made aside from my house and car. The PN # for the reg they are recommending is 129230. Would you happen to have the MSRP for that one handy?

caroln:
Thank you!! This is very helpful. The LDS did say that they are very limited as to what they can do price wise with life support equipment,

that's a load of crap he's trying to feed you.

Anytime I see a LDS trying to push the sales pitch of "it's life support equipment" I just think they are trying to sell you something instead of taking the time to explain the pro's and cons of how different regulators work, etc.

but they will give me 10% of my purchase price in store credit which seems fair enough.

Though the above is a load of crap, Aqualung does have one of the toughest dealer price agreements out there. Still, they are allowed to "cash discount" (not store credit) up to 10% off the sale which is valid per their dealer agreement.

he's just trying to sell it to you at MSRP with a store credit "rebate" to buy something else on. (which is still better than nothing....)

There are other authorized dealers that will sell it 20% to 30% off list. Leisure Pro (not an authorized dealer) sells the Legend for $349 for example.

If you're buying a complete set of gear, they should be more competitive than that. Just my opinion.

I am looking at the Legend, but am still not 100% sure that's what I'll end up with. The guy I'm going to talk to on Saturday already told me he tends to favor scubapro over aqualung, so I'm going to hear him out and see what he has to show me.

Auqalung and Scubapro both have comparible lines of regulators/gear. They both have very strict pricing models and dealer agreements. Discounts at small LDS's on both are hard to find. Nothing wrong with either brand. it's kinda like Rednecks and pickup trucks. You'll find some that like Chevy and some that like Ford and thing their 'brand' is better. Just get which ever YOU like best.

The PN # for the reg they are recommending is 129230. Would you happen to have the MSRP for that one handy?

The 129230 is the Aqualung Legend ACD. The ACD is an "auto closure device" that keeps water/dirt/moisture out of the first stage opening when it's not attached to the tank. It's the same regulator as the PN 129100 - Legend - MSRP $495 but with the ACD attached. MSRP is the same. The ACD comes with every regulator sold now from Aqualung with no difference in MSRP price, though you can find the non-ACD ones discounted more since the "new years model" came out in 2006.

just think of the ACD as a nice feature to have, but not a requirement. Many other manufacturers are starting to make these standard also now.

mike_s:
that's a load of crap he's trying to feed you.

Though the above is a load of crap, Aqualung does have one of the toughest dealer price agreements out there. Still, they are allowed to "cash discount" (not store credit) up to 10% off the sale which is valid per their dealer agreement.

There are other authorized dealers that will sell it 20% to 30% off list. Leisure Pro (not an authorized dealer) sells the Legend for $349 for example.

If you're buying a complete set of gear, they should be more competitive than that. Just my opinion.

The 129230 is the Aqualung Legend ACD. It's the same regulator as the PN 129100 - Legend - MSRP $495 but with the ACD attached. MSRP is the same. The ACD comes with every regulator sold now from Aqualung with no difference in MSRP price, though you can find the non-ACD ones discounted more since the "new years model" came out in 2006.

Thank you again for the info. The LDS price for the PN # I posted is $535, so 40 bucks over the MSRP. I appreciate you posting the info because like I said, this is a big purchase for me, and while I don't mind paying a fair price, I hate to feel ripped off.

I'll have to rethink what I want to do about buying my gear from them knowing that not only am I not getting a discount at all, but am actually paying a premium. I am buying reg, octo, bc, and gauges from the LDS, so now I'm wondering about the prices on the other items too.

deepblueme:
Are there any house painters I can "con" in to a deal??????

Are you paying or brushing?

It is usually the customers that are subject to be conned by inflated prices by some retailers.

caroln:
Thank you again for the info. The LDS price for the PN # I posted is $535, so 40 bucks over the MSRP. I appreciate you posting the info because like I said, this is a big purchase for me, and while I don't mind paying a fair price, I hate to feel ripped off.

I'll have to rethink what I want to do about buying my gear from them knowing that not only am I not getting a discount at all, but am actually paying a premium. I am buying reg, octo, bc, and gauges from the LDS, so now I'm wondering about the prices on the other items too.

$535? Yep. for a Legend that's over MSRP unless Aqualung raised the MSRP for 2007. (I don't have a 2007 sheet). But I don't think they have....

If you search on the web, it's still listed all over the place as $495.

However, to be fair in this process... are you sure that he's not selling you the Legend LX for $535?
The Legend LX is normally $595. 10% off that brings it down to $535. That's the MAP for that product per dealer agreement.

You could ask the Aqualung rep's, but they are cowards here and don't post.... but you can bet they are reading ...... :mooner:

mike_s:
$535? Yep. for a Legend that's over MSRP unless Aqualung raised the MSRP for 2007. (I don't have a 2007 sheet). But I don't think they have....

If you search on the web, it's still listed all over the place as $495.

However, to be fair in this process... are you sure that he's not selling you the Legend LX for $535?

The PN # I posted is the one I'm quoted the price of 535 for (I have a printout with the info so I'm 100% sure), and that's the one you said is the regular Legend with ACD so I'm sure enough that it's not the LX. I will double check when I go in this weekend to speak to someone else there.

caroln:

Good for you! Check the prices on the other items you want, decide what you feel a fair price would be, remember you gotta give the guy some profit but it doesn't have to be the margin he wants. Have your fair price dollar amount in cash in your hand when you walk in the store. Tell them you've done your research and be friendly about it. Flash the cash and say and you are going to buy x,y and z and you would like to give them the opportunity to sell it to you for "X" dollars before giving someone else a chance to sell it to you for less. If they falter thank them for their time and walk away. Scuba gear is a "want" not a "need" and it's worth your while to take the time to get what you want at a fair price.

Good luck!
Ber :lilbunny:

Back
Top Bottom