Muck/macro/critter-diving for non-photographers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am leaving Lembeh tomorrow. We are normally photographers (share the camera) but out strobe flooded in Bunaken so we've been sans camera here in Lembeh. There is plenty to enjoy - and I never felt I needed a magnifying glass for any of it, and I'm blind as a bat. I would say I saw more stuff than some of the photographers because we didn't linger trying to get a great shot. That said, I wish we did have the camera too. Make the best of whatever the situation!

Thanks Uncle Pug. I will try your method and buid one. Just two questions: what is the magnifying power of your magnifying glass and what is the dimension - diameter - of the magnifying glass? Thank you.
I'm sorry but I don't remember the power but the diameter was about 3". Nothing specific.. just a cheap magnifying glass from the dollar store and I popped the lens out of the frame.
The first few times I made U/W magnifiers I used the more expensive rectangular reading magnifiers. I kept the lens in the frame and just glued clear plastic pieces to the frame so there would be air trapped on both sides of the lens. These worked well.

Thank you Uncle Pug. I finally decided to order the duikloep referenced a few posts earlier. Will share my experience with it.

Just got the duikloep deivered. Very sturdy and well finished material. Surpised by the wide dimension. No doubd that this will be a plus for macro creatures in the Philippines next year :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom