Muskoka Diving Death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Waome can be a challenging wreck. But the prayers of all the members of SB are with you and all the members of your families, May GOD Bless you and be with you at all times.

I really hate coming to this section and reading the posts from divers who "speculate" what happened. I came to see if there was any factual information regarding this incident. After about a dozen posts the speculation started. It starts off very slowly and then before you know it theres pages of ...ummm.....lets call it "speculation". We all know what kinds of problems can occur underwater. Some are preventable and others are not. Many times we can sit back in our chairs at home and say " if they had only done this or if they had only done that" without even having a clue as to what happened. Many of us know how to prevent problems or at least minimize the risks that go along with our chosen sport. Understanding how the accident happened doesn't mean 20 people hashing out "what ifs" and coming up with some scenario that could have nothing to do with reality. To really "learn" about what happened, one must wade through a whole lot of cr^p in order to find a few pieces of truth.
My heart goes out to those directly involved. For those who respectfully remember the victim and that she made really good home-made pizza. I'm only glad that WMCM came to this post early before all the "speculation" got too heavy. That being said....I hope he doesn't return here after another 20 or so posts. Those directly involved don't need all the BS.
Thats my 2 cents......and I'm not sorry for it!

very very well put SoScuba..seems everytime theres an accident right away someone has to put their 2 cents in as to what happened..unfortunatly the only one who knows for sure has now passed on..again my thoughts go out to the familly..may the almighty bring you peace in this time of sorrow..

http://www.scubaboard.com/t52701-special-rules---please-read.html

Discussion of the accident is the only way to ensure that what happened be anything other than a tragedy and waste of human life.

I hope this long standing tradition of 40 years or so will continue no matter how unsavoury it is to those weak of heart or stomach.

If there is any more information out there on why this woman ran out of gas in a buddy team on a 70 foot dive it would be of interest. This question does beg an answer.

In my opinion as well of those of others above religion has little or no place in accident analysis btw.

That is me raising your 2 cents.

Religion is not part of the analysis, your right. But it is part of humanity and daily living for many people. It helps some get through such a tragedy. That said, this is a community board open to all and respect for others here is very important. No, i dont want to read pages of condolences here as this post is about information regarding the incident. However I would rather read pages of condolences from respectfull heartfelt poeple than wade through pages of speculation. I could play the game and sit here and type out all the things that may have gone wrong and come up with some version of what happened. That wouldnt help us to understand what went wrong so as to not let it happen again. Like you said, Discussion of the accident is the only way. Thats exactly what this should be. A discussion of the accident. Not speculation. Its the only way to learn from this particular accident.
I agree mostly with d33ps1x. The answer must come from factual information.

and theres your change sir!

Rimp:
It's very sad when someone dies or is injured, but we should be trying to understand exactly what happened not all getting religious and passing on condolences all the time. There is no purpose to that for discussion.

In my opinion, the "getting off track" is all the condolences. Sorry, but that's how I feel about it.

Someone died here, likely (highly likely) it was preventable. Maybe understanding how it happened will save the next guy/girl.

Firstly, you won't be able too understand exactly what happen unless you have ALL the facts or unless you're God (or whatever you want to call the higher power)...and if your God, you'll most likely be passing on condolences! So unless you have factual information relating to the situation that can be usefull, I recommend you stop speculating (your prior post) and maybe provide your condolences!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom