My 20th dive-criticize my buoyancy, finning, breathing, etc. (videos)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You live in Orlando J322Y?
Hey Scott, feel free to call me Jerry. I'm in Deland. I'm in Orlando often for work.

Edit: Just saw your location. Let me know if you need a buddy sometime...

Megadive is at Ginnie this weekend. Lots of friendly ScubaBoard divers in another wonderful Florida spring just a bit further north. Come see if you can find the ever elusive tiny peacock flounders and crawdads. We'll be doing a Galaxy Dive in the Ballroom (No additional certs needed) and having a family friendly bonfire right after. I promise, you won't be critiqued unless you ask to be. Come for the day or the whole weekend. EVERYONE is invited. Tell 'em you're with the ScubaBoard crew for a discount when you check in. For more information check out this thread: https://www.scubaboard.com/community/threads/scubaboards-fallfest-megadive-2017.550227/unread

Thanks Chairman, I really wanted to come, but I'm working. It was very tempting...

Working is over rated... call in wet. :D
And it's been a long time since I did any camping. And the weather just cooled off a little. Not happy.

Trim seems fairly close. It seems as if your butt sinks down slowly when you pause. It shows up at the end of video 1. Mostly its hard to see as you never really stop moving. Except a hover facing the camera in video 2. Moving a little bit of weight higher would fix it.

Frog kick is great for slow moving. As it's symmetrical between left and right, you do not get the slow and awkward rocking back and forth of disjointed tank, body, and leg units, that you can see in the video.

Good work filming it and congratulations.

Trim seems fairly close. It seems as if your butt sinks down slowly when you pause. It shows up at the end of video 1. Mostly its hard to see as you never really stop moving. Except a hover facing the camera in video 2. Moving a little bit of weight higher would fix it.

Frog kick is great for slow moving. As it's symmetrical between left and right, you do not get the slow and awkward rocking back and forth of disjointed tank, body, and leg units, that you can see in the video.

Good work filming it and congratulations.
Thanks Michael. In these videos I have 6 pounds (3 pounds in 2 waist pockets), but you can see two more pockets on the top tank strap. I initially had 2 pounds in those and 4 on my waist. Next time I'll try moving the weight back up and also some more hovering.

He makes a great point... can you hover? Every diver should be able to stop without affecting their trim or buoyancy.

He makes a great point... can you hover? Every diver should be able to stop without affecting their trim or buoyancy.
I haven't spent much time on hovering but will in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom