My Canon S90/FIX Goes On

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Julian, do you have a WA lens?..If not that would be an easy way to 'upgrade'----that And a 2nd strobe....

Some of my photos are marginally okay because I have two Inon D2000 strobes and a Fisheye/FIX (among others) which allow me to get close. By close I mean no more than about three to five feet and preferably no more than three feet. People, other divers, who do not know me, are sometimes startled to have me shove my camera to within inches of their noses, often backing off. They think they need to be further away and further away is no good. The less water between the camera lens and the subject the better and my two strobes cover my 165+ degree FOV easily.

IMG_4978_zpstns09vkc.jpg

IMG_5181_zpsiseonx38.jpg

N

Looks like some pretty sweet viz you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34d142678b4c4feec30e7fc8fe398075.jpg
90d1028c639397fbd3fe06a7dfc58478.jpg

Not the best pictures but what a difference having a strobe makes!! Love my S90 even more now

Now that I finally got my act together a few of the shots from my handy little S95 from the Philippines. As a macro camera, I still love it, for wide angle I wasn't thrilled with my results. Likely user error, but I blame the colorless photos on poor visibility!

Philippines 1.jpg Philippines 2.jpgPhilippines 3.jpgPhilippines 4.jpgPhilippines 5.jpgPhilippines 6.jpgPhilippines 7.jpgPhilippines 8.jpgPhilippines 9.jpgPhilippines 10.jpgPhilippines 11.jpgPhilippines 12.jpgPhilippines 13.jpgPhilippines 14.jpg Philippines 15.jpg Philippines 16.jpg Philippines 17.jpg Philippines 18.jpgPhilippines 19.jpg

Those are awesome, do you use additional lenses?

Those are awesome, do you use additional lenses?

Thanks! The super macro shots (pygmy seahorse, popcorn shrimp, soft coral crab, emperor shrimp, tiger shrimp) were shot with the Inon UCL-165 wet macro lens. The rest were all just the S95.

I still shoot s90. I have 3 of them now, one with a dead flash bulb and 2 fully operational.IMG_6968-1.jpg

So do you guys zoom in when doing Macro or no?

So do you guys zoom in when doing Macro or no?

When I am using the macro lens always. I made the mistake of not zooming in with it one trip and almost all the pictures were garbage. If I'm just using the native S95 and the subject isn't skittish I won't zoom in and will just get as close as possible.

Back
Top Bottom