My Canon S90/FIX Goes On

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still use mine although I plan to upgrade at some point in the near future, maybe next 12 months. I have a Canon 6D for land, and might get a housing.

For the S90, anyone struggle with soft focusing with the UWL-04 wet lens? I believe you can manually focus and set a preset distance, but I've lost that info. Thanks in advance!

I have not had an issue with soft focus with my UWL-04. Not sure what could be the problem. I mean a wet add on lens will not have the sharpness of a higher end camera with dry lens under a glass dome. I too am beginning to consider an upgrade, however, I am also still at least as satisfied with the S90 as most of what is available today in similar cameras. All below with the UWL-04.

IMG_6557_zps3eaxhhjy.jpg

IMG_6492_zpsk24sohhy.jpg

IMG_6484_zpseyytocxo.jpg

IMG_6433_zps3t1ycldw.jpg

IMG_6423_zpsazulirxy.jpg

I do not pretend to be professional or an artist, I just take pictures.

N

Last edited:
What I hated about s90 was strong fringing, especially at longer zoom. Surprisingly, I haven't seen this with s95 though they use the same optics.

What I hated about s90 was strong fringing, especially at longer zoom. Surprisingly, I haven't seen this with s95 though they use the same optics.

Is that with a macro lens? If you zoom with a UWL-4 or similar you will have all sorts of issues, they were not meant for that at all.

N

No, w/o a macro. But if you add macro lens, you will add new problems and still have the old ones, like fringing.

No, w/o a macro. But if you add macro lens, you will add new problems and still have the old ones, like fringing.

I suspect another issue other than the camera then. Not sure really since I do not know your housing, lenses, strobes or basic set up but I do not have fringing, or what I call fringing anyways. I have probably done more experimentation with various lenses with this camera (and housings) than anyone.

N

I still have mine.

Yup yup... I still have AND LOVE mine, yes it sure sees it fair share of excitement. Was going to post two pics... but can't figure out how to do that :(

Yup yup... I still have AND LOVE mine, yes it sure sees it fair share of excitement. Was going to post two pics... but can't figure out how to do that :(

For most all forums it is easiest to use an off site photo hosting service like Photobucket or similar. Free and easy.

N

S95 reporting in! My first and only so can't compare, but I'm pretty happy with it. Gets the job done in and out of the water. Have no skilz, so let it do the thinking most of the time. Strobes would be nice, but tucking into a pocket when I don't want to be a photographer is nicer. Want a flashlight that is also a strobe; does such a thing exist?
IMG_1081_zpslo6xui8j.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom