My first boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snowbear

NOK
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Couldn't pass up a screaming deal on a 13' Avon, 25hp Johnson, EZLoader trailer. Has never been in salt water (yet :wink:) and seeing how clean the motor is (even the grease is still clean!!), I think the guy over estimated the 15 hours he thinks it's been run.

Anyhow - I'll be messing with this when I get back from vacation...

Excellent find :)

The the meager disposable income I have left over after bills, I'm looking for something very similar. I hope to have as much luck as you managed!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Excellent find :)

The the meager disposable income I have left over after bills, I'm looking for something very similar. I hope to have as much luck as you managed!
Yep - I am blessed to have it and am really looking forward to getting it in the water! I'm currently gathering and looking for the necessary items to make it more usable. So far, Uncle Pug gave me one of the many anchors he has salvaged over the years amd I already have a handheld GPS.
I should probably get a couple of float coats. A depthfinder would be nice, but not critical. A handheld VHF radio would be a good idea! I'm sure there's much more, but I blew my budget already just buying the thing and going on this extended trip, so I'll just do what I can do! :dazzler1:

Snowbear:
Couldn't pass up a screaming deal on a 13' Avon, 25hp Johnson, EZLoader trailer.

I just picked up a very similiar outfit......a Quicksilver 380 (12.5 ft), 15 hp Merc on an EZLoader trailer. It will be geat fun and easy to tow (important when your camping/diving vehicle is a VW Westfalia!)

Have fun with your new boat!

regards; jbm

the second happiest day in a mans life is the day he buys his boat!

Have fun.

The happiest day award goes to the day he sells what has come to be known as his "money pit".

Good Luck with your new toy!
Scuba-sass :)

Back
Top Bottom