My first experience with Force Fin Pro's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gpulsar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want to share my first dive with these fins today. The first thing I loved about these fins is that I can actualy walk on the boat with them, the stress of puting my fins on is over. I love the walk and jump in freedom. I actually had a better grip than with my booties. Second when I got in the water I started testing them and actualy felt comfortable, paddeling backwards is actually better than front. As I submerge I don't feel my fins,(I actually had to look to see if I had them on) or the resistance I normally feel from my other fins. This was nice.

The first thing I did was approach a reef and to my amazement I had better control. It seems with these fins you get the right power and not overdue it. You were right about kicking more but you actually work less. The 2 things that sold me were the turning, I was able to turn on a dime and change directions quicker than ever, I felt free, not bulky. The other test I did was being behind the pack of 7 divers and I decided to see what they can do. I went into full throttle and I actually flew to the front in seconds and with no leg fatigue or out of breath. These fins are awesome. Can't go fast on frog kicks or atleast I have not figured that out yet, they seem awkward in frog Kick Style, I don't mind because I don't use frog kick to zoom by everything, I use it not to stir up silt. The guys on the boat loved them. I got coments about me walking like "That is a great design, do they really work?", One guy came up to me a said "Your fins generate a lot's of power, when you zoomed by us I actually saw the jet propulsion behind your fins, you where moving". I do have to admit that I have to tone it down because I was actually stirring more silt do to the power of these fins, I just need to realize that I don't have to kick that hard anymore. Overall I expected a good product and got an amazing one...I am sold 200% and this was with my first 2 dives. I did not need the learning curve to love them. I can't wait to jump back in the water.

Bob thanks for making this great product.

Great review!

It brings back memories....I remember the first time I used Force Fins...I also kept checking, because the water resistance was so low, it did not feel as though I had any fins on. The only reminder that I did, was the fact that I kept outpacing my buddies. I had to learn to fin mega-slow and relaxed to maintain a sensible pace.

The dexterity and maneuvorability offered by the Pro model is excepional also!

You picked a great set of fins and you should have many happy dives!

What a good feeling!
I remember, about 10 years ago, the first time that I made use Force Fin (in this case, a Tan Delta)
The feeling of freedom was complete, I could move quickly and effortlessly with an incredible maneuverability. I still remember those moments of happiness under water ... I'ma fish, I'ma fish!
And the next day, I threw to the garbage my terrestris fins and I joined to Force Fin.

Best regards
Saludos

I love hearing these stories, how many places can you hear stories like this? Something that seems as simple as a fin, revolutionizing the way that we interact with the underwater world.

Just goes to show, although nearly every fin meets the "good enough" criteria to get you around, only these fins inspire people to become part of the u/w world and then feel strongly enough about how great their experience was to come on here and tell the world about it.

Thanks for sharing, I hope it helps to inspire and remind Bob just why he goes to work everyday and make great fins for each of us.

Gpulsar,

Glad to hear you dig the force... Thought I would share with you the frog kick-ish I use and see if you might want to try it out. I use a similar leg movement for a frog kick however rather than trying to generate forward movement when you bring your leges together, try to angle your feet and generate your forward thrust when you separate your legs. Not sure if that makes any sense.... but it works well for me. Also in really silty conditions I have found that keeping my feet above me, by putting my knee in a nearly 90 degree angle and flutter kicking with my ankles works well... I have been told it looks pretty different but I dont silt out the vis and can keep up pretty good.

Enjoy the fins.

S

At the end of the 4th Open Water Dive (tour portion) this past weekend one of the other instructors looked at my Force Fins (Excellerating) and asked if he could try them. He put them on and :goingdown: dropped down a few feet. After about a minute he came back to the surface with a huge smile and yelled "I love these, I have to have a pair!" Amazing how quick the transformation is!!!

I really wanted to thank all the people that gave the positive reviews and experiences, thanks to you I was able to take the risk and enjoy these fins. I also wanted to share my experience in order for other to have recent reviews and don't be afraid to take the leap. If you have an open mind, you will not be dissapointed. I followed my gut and it worked out great. This is just like everything. People have different taste and needs. For me this fin improved the defficiencies I wanted to correct. By the way, getting good fins was the last item on my list, and after seeing the results, It would have been one of he first things I would have bought. Thanks to all for being honest, now I know that the reviews on this Forum where not biased and reflected honest opinions.

NVScubaSteve...thanks for the tip..I know I will be able to improve the experience, After all I think I accomplished a lot in 2 dives...

I've had my force fins since 1996, and love them. Unfortunately, my wifes ML size came in 2 difference sizes or something and the straps were too short. Otherwise we both love them. She has to really squeeze to force one of her feet in hers, and the straps are too short to get around the heel. Just carefully check the fin size, by comparing the fins, fit, not the size stamp. Mine are well worn. I would definitely recommend them. I suggest wearing them with strap adjusters on the inside of your feet, because it is easier to bend your leg in and take out the slack of the strap. When I get a video camera, i'll post a video of how to put on, and adjust them. One time, a wave came and washed one my fins off the back of the boat. I borrowed a pair of fins from our dive shop, and we went back and looked for it two weeks later. We found it, and I have managed to keep them both ever since.

Back
Top Bottom