My GoPro 3D setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well...don't get distracted...most of their films are glittery stuff for packaging/gift wrap. There's no sparkle in this film.

They charge $35 for the sheet I got, but gave me mine as a sample (and they paid another $25 to ship it to me!). Give them a call and see what you can get. If you do order a sheet you might suggest they mail it to you in a simple cardboard envelope, their normal packaging & shipping method is overkill.

I recommend you try the white diffuser first, though. You'll be impressed by how much it spreads the light, and it's dirt cheap to make.

what was the white diffuser made from?

Am I confusing the white diffuser? I thought it was the smooth opal from TAP Plastic? I sent them an email, and they said that they don't do samples, and they don't sell that sheet over the internet :(

Yes, I got mine from Tap, but similar material is available from most hardware stores. It's used for flourescent lamp ceiling fixtures. A whole sheet shouldn't be too expensive. Almost any thin white plastic can be used---yogurt containers, milk containers, film canisters, etc.---thinner is better.

---------- Post Merged at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:31 PM ----------

what was the white diffuser made from?

See post 11...it's a small 4" square flourescent lamp diffuser sample the local Tap plastic gives away. Full sheets of similar products are available in most large hardware chains.

Just uploaded a bunch of video screen captures from Dives 304, 305, 307, 308 & 309 to my SCUBA board gallary.

Great! Dive309: a very photographic seal!

Thank you.

He wasn't shy. My buddy snapped this:

harbor-seal-Lobos-with-Wayn.jpg

Thank you.

He wasn't shy. My buddy snapped this:

harbor-seal-Lobos-with-Wayn.jpg

Hehe cool they are awesome creatures almost like dogs, they do tend to love the look of that EOM 3D housing as every time I used it there has always been one around.

It was also the reason I once Killed 2 HD1 cameras as it got way too playful and was bumping the cams which somehow unlatched the housing for a split second without me noticing and let in just enough water to kill them both. Be aware that the Hero1/2 housings have a tendency to unlatch underwater and as you ascend and pressure is reduced it can cause the housing to open.

Here is one of my few 3D videos with a playful seal or sea-lion as I am not rue which is which :) I think sea-lion because it has ears but not 100% sure. Needs Anaglyph glasses to view and is also available on my YT channel with more 3D viewing options with the same title.

[Vimeo]29532950[/Vimeo]

Cool video, Marty.

Fortunately I have red/cyan clip-ons handy.

Ears=Sea Lion.

Had one buzz us in my previous dive (sorry if I already posted this link earlier):

[video=youtube_share;CUTjGxvPCgo]http://youtu.be/CUTjGxvPCgo[/video]

They like to get in your face:

IYFC2.jpg

(Can't believe that was 126 dives ago. Where does the time go?)

---------- Post Merged at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Oh...and good thing I read dive magazines or I'd missed that sea dragon.

Back
Top Bottom