My journey into tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can back kick in most fins. It may not be pretty and it may not be quick, it can be done though. Hell, It can also be done without fins, even in full tech gear...

Yeah, my boss taught me how to back kick when he was in swim trunks and nothing else.

I had XTs on and still was slower.

Hmm sm rig , stage bottle , deco bottles , drysuit inflation bottle , drysuit and split fins do not go together........End of story.

If you had actually bothered to read more than the last post or two, you would have learned I will switch fins...when I have to. Splits work best for me right now. I'm in the pool at least 3 times a week, 2000 yards a session, mostly alternating lengths between flutter and frog, so 40 lengths of each. Paddles would not work for this.

If you had actually bothered to read more than the last post or two, you would have learned I will switch fins...when I have to. Splits work best for me right now. I'm in the pool at least 3 times a week, 2000 yards a session, mostly alternating lengths between flutter and frog, so 40 lengths of each. Paddles would not work for this.
GOOD LUCK!

FB_IMG_1514129186829.jpg

I'm trialling the Deep6 Eddy fins right now.

Only had them in the pool so far, so I've had little chance to properly gauge propulsion power and efficiency.

They seem lighter than most peers, impressively stiff and very close to neutral. Maneuvering and control is very good.

You'd get a much stronger workout using Jetfins.

I looked at the Deep6 but I loathe orange, don't want white fins, and they are out of black in my size (I take a small - size 6 booties).

Some tech fins don't even have a size small enough for me. Hollis F1, for example. The F1 LT does come in a small.

No clue about Jet fins and I am protective of my bum knees. If I'm doing flutter, I'll do it in my splits.

View attachment 439784
I'm trialling the Deep6 Eddy fins right now.

Only had them in the pool so far, so I've had little chance to properly gauge propulsion power and efficiency.

They seem lighter than most peers, impressively stiff and very close to neutral. Maneuvering and control is very good.
They look well built especially where the springs attach I wish these were negatively buoyant I would give them a try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom