My Scuba instructor FACTS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elyyang

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
During my AOW cert, our class came up with these fun facts about our instructor (based off of Chuck Norris Facts). We all had a good laugh and I thought I share this with everyone. (replace "my instructor" with the actual name)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fact 1 - My instructor once dove across the Pacific in a single. When he reaches shore, he still has about 1000 psi left.

Fact 2 - The dive time across the pacific took about 35 mins and that's only because he had to stop and help out a troubled boater.

Fact 3 - Whenever my instructor runs low on air, he simply surface and blow 3000 psi of air back in his own tank.

Fact 4 - My instructor's favourite wreck dive is the Titanic.

Fact 5 - My instructor doesn't get wet from diving, the water gets him

Fact 6 - My instructor once got bitten by a shark, the shark lost all it's teeth

Fact 7 - My instructor never experienced nitrogen narcosis because his body automatically separates oxygen from nitrogen.

Fact 8 - My instructor ran into James Cameron once......... when he was doing a fun dive at the Mariana Trench.

Fact 9 - My instructor doesn't adjust his weighting between salt water or fresh water.....the water adjust to him.

Fact 10 - My instructor never had to clear his mask.......the water is simply too scared to enter his mask.

Fact 11 - My instructor's octo free flowed once. He stared at it briefly and the free flow stopped.....it never happened again.

Funny, one of our instructors was the same way. Here's his bio from the shop's site:

Instructor's Full Name, affectionately known as ‘Instructor’ by anyone with sufficient courage, is ‘The Most Competent Man In The World’. A result of genetic engineering experiments in the former Soviet Union, Instructor possesses superhuman strength, feels no pain, and is able to fix any mechanical object just by staring at it. In the water, Instructor displays a preternatural calm and competence. When Instructor submerges, Instructor does not get wet; the water gets Instructor. Instructor is immune to the bends. “Hey – you know – nitrogen is just a gas… Soft. I crush it,” says Instructor.

I'd like the ability to fix a free flowing reg/octo by staring at it!
You mean you can't????? ooops

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom