N2ition Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TNT,

I just sent you my logs and USB sniff.

I appreciate your help

Thanks

D

Guys,

Just to let you know that I've been working as TNT's guinea pig.

I sent him the logs generated by the Seiko software (with trouble but I am able to download) as well as the log generated by the USB sniffer. Since then, a driver for the clothes pin has been created. He has also sent me a number of applications that I have run on my machine at the risk of stuffing my own dive computer.

The outcome of his work should be a driver for the dive computer itself.

This weekend I will do a deco dive using a different sample rate, safety factor and using all three gases. This will allow to have a better picture.

The results until now indicate that it is quite possible to develop a driver.

TNT does not own an N2ition computer and he is kindly donating his work for you.

May I please ask you to donate to his cause? (Zeagle that includes you!)

His website is:

libdivecomputer, a library for communication with various dive computers.

Just scroll all the way down and click on the "donate" button.

D

PS. Once there is a public, freely available driver any of the software developers of divelogs can easily include the N2ition dive computer in their download protocols.

www.divinglog.de (windows), www.macdive.com (mac) or www.jdivelog.org (free application that runs on windows, Linux and Mac) are some examples of developers that can use the TNT's driver to allow you to download your dives without using Seiko's software.

I downloaded the altered drivers and went in as a root user and changed the ids. After I did that it recognized the download cable perfectly. I will attach the computer to the download cable tomorrow and see if it transfers all of the dive info and send you the file. So far so good. PS in case you guys are curious these guys are making a universal driver/download capability for windows linux and mac. As for me, I am running all of this on my mac with mac os. You guys rock.

He can get in touch with Gibby and we will gladly get him out a computer to use for his testing/research. No problem.

Scott

Hi Scott,

I don't know if he'll need a new one (not declining the offer on his behalf). More than that I believe that he will need the logs of a computer dived in a large number of environments. For example, all safety factors, all three gases, all altitudes, alarms triggered on purpose.

If anyone has such data it will be highly appreciated.

D

He can get in touch with Gibby and we will gladly get him out a computer to use for his testing/research. No problem.

I have contacted Gibby through PM. But since my last message about 3 weeks ago, I didn't get any response anymore. Maybe he's on a (diving) holiday? Do you have an email address where I can contact him?

The most tricky part for the zeagle support is the prolific driver. It would certainly help if I could try the driver modifications myself. Once I know how to make it work for the major platforms (mainly mwindows and mac os x, because linux is already confirmed working), I can document the procedure for others, so they can help collecting memory dumps. So it doesn't really matter what kind of data there is on the device. I'll need data from others anyway.

TNT Sorry for not getting back to you. Ive been way too busy to go diving so keeping in touch here lost priority as well.

Contact me at this address.

gibby@zeagleexpress.com

I can send you my computer to use since its staying dry anyway.
Its got some pretty random dive data stored on it.

TNT Sorry for not getting back to you. Ive been way too busy to go diving so keeping in touch here lost priority as well.

Contact me at this address.

gibby@zeagleexpress.com

I can send you my computer to use since its staying dry anyway.
Its got some pretty random dive data stored on it.
Don't forget to send him a cable too! :wink:

Its good to see this moving forward. Thanks to everyone who is cooperating with your gear, memory dumps, your work or plain old cash to support the development.

D

When I get my data downloaded, I will send it your way. I have both air and various nitrox gases with different depths, times, temps, etc., so hopefully the variance will help you out.

BTW Thank you to Scott and Gibby for not abandoning us Zeagle Computer Users. The Zeagle computer is awesome, and hopefully when the download stuff works, it will even be better ;-)

I have been in contact with Jef as well...although I don't know nearly as much about this software stuff as he or Gibby!!!

Like I said before, I will send him whatever he needs to help move this project along.

We always try to take care of our customers, but unfortunately this isn't quite as easy as walking out to the factory floor and fixing an issue with a BC or Reg.

Thanks to all of you have have helped and stuck with us through this...um...project?! :wink:

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom