Naked Dive for the 100th dive? Really?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it was a weekly tradition when i worked in koh tao - the best was watching my friend fend off a great barracuda on a night dive lol very entertaining indeed

Where I come from it was tradition to jump off of the top deck of the dive boat in your birthday suit. In 40-50F water it would be a very short dive. The question is would there be any air left in the cylinder even after a 5 minute dive?

Decided against making my 100th dive a naked dive as it was also a night dive... and really... it's only a tradition/encouraged amongst young warm water divers and gap year divers.

Grateful that I decided to keep my clothes on, as my buddy (not her 100th dive) was stung by an unidentified jellyfish on our ascent to the safety stop. Thought she was stung again at around 3-5m so we skipped the stop and came straight up. A few mins back on the boat and she went in to shock.

Had I been naked and also been stung during the ascent, it could have ended a lot worse. We were the last pair to surface as it was.

Nic

Maybe in Tahiti - Not likely in SoCal.

Not in Tahiti either. Ive heard it over and over and never seen anyone do it - all my ''milestones'' have been in tropical water with a full 3mm on. Rather not be diving with anyone naked - have seen a naked skydive and that was disturbing enough.

We did a night dive naked but it wasn't for any particular number. We were just enjoying a nice vacation together on Bonaire. It was an interesting experience. Especially that giant leap from Oil Slick Leap.

I have 95 dives now and I have been constantly reminded of this tradition here in hawaii....I am 66 yrs old and fit but not keen on scaring the fish....so I told my buddies I looked up the regs and paragraph 6/section C of scuba protocols clearly states that the requirement for a naked dive is waived if the diver in question is over 60 and/or has a documented penile length of greater than 8 inches...all I can say is I qualify......aloha...peter

We did a night dive naked but it wasn't for any particular number. We were just enjoying a nice vacation together on Bonaire. It was an interesting experience. Especially that giant leap from Oil Slick Leap.
I guess you weren't wearing a backplate/harness system with a crotch strap.... (I hate to even imagine the giant stride!)

I see no reason not to... a friend of mine here in Norway was fortunate enough to get to #100 in late march. This is about the time when water is coldest, and there is still a bit of snow. With a buddy in winterundies under his neodrysuit, she hopped in, and dived naked. It might not have covered all the criterias padi sets for a dive, she was under deep enough, and long enough to have at least 4 pics taken... Temp was around 2Cish...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom