Name that wreck!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Large : Me too! Let's hope he can post some pictures.
:sunny:

You asked...
Here is a picture of the recently conserved Rhein bell which we recovered in May. This is the auxillary bell that was located in the crowsnest. The bow bell was recovered by Billy Deans several years ago. You can see pics of Billy's bell, and this bell on the AUE website.

The Rhein is a German freighter sunk in WWII and is NW of the Dry Tortugas in 250fsw.

You can find an article I wrote about the Rhein in the current issue of Advanced Diver Magazine....

Cheers,
Mike

Mike,
Excellent photo. So you must know my friend Curt?

Yes, that's right. So you must know him pretty well too. I get Advanced Diver magazine. The last issue I saved is issue 7. I also saved issue 6. Did you write in either one? You probably know Joel too.

Natasha, am digging through old files and sites for an image of the Maria Bahn. I have an excellent old photo of her tied to a pier, but no U/W images unfortunately. I can however direct you to a site with several photos, one of which recently won a place in the Houston Seaspace U/W Photo contest. A great shot, and when I find the site I will pass it on.

aue-mike, I have read your write-ups at the close of AUE dive weekends or expeditions. Cool stuff and great reports. Interesting and informative website also. What has your group planned over the winter?

ROV,
Thanks I'll look forward to that.
Mike,
What is the web site's address for AUE? And Mike what city are you in now? Your profile isn't finished. You might have made a mistake on the email address you provided. Please check it.
Thanks.

We have a few trips here and there, but with the weather being as unpredictable as it is this time of year, we don't have any big stuff planned. Since we have neglected the fresh water stuff the past 2 years, I will be finishing up my cave certification and letting the other cavers in our group show me some cool stuff.

The AUE website can be found at:
http://www.mikey.net/aue

I currently live in St. Petersburg, Florida

Cheers,
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom