Name your best or favorite wreck dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"USAT Liberty" in Tulamben, Bali : Beautiful variety in marinelife around this shallow wreck
tp13k.jpg

"Hilma Hooker" in Bonaire : Great visability during the dive on the wreck some 3 years ago
k05.jpg

The Duane off Key Largo ..... at night. One of the prettiest dives and full of life.

BTW: We are going back there. See my other post in the Florida section

The USS Rhone. I love the story, the way the bow is split, cleaved right in half by that huge rock. .. so many lives lost. Very dramatic and colorful. I have never seen a wreck even half as beautiful.

catherine96821:
The USS Rhone. I love the story, the way the bow is split, cleaved right in half by that huge rock. .. so many lives lost. Very dramatic and colorful. I have never seen a wreck even half as beautiful.
Actually that's the RMS Rhone.....but yes, a very cool dive.

Also in the same neighborhood, the Chikuzen, a Korean reefer ship that burned and sank 5 miles from Virgin Gorda, BVI. Sits on a sand bottom in ~90', so there are literally hundreds of barracuda and rays, not to mention a 500 lb jewfish and a few sharks.

Well for warm water dives I'd have to put the Thistlegorn or Hilma Hooker as about my best.........
Cold water I'd go for the Jura in Bodensee, which for the Non EU peeps is called Lake Constance. More info here..........http://www.scuba.lu/reports/details.php?id=13

Its difficult to say really which one is my favourite as there have been so many......... No Bad wrecks........ just different ones!!

i have not read many of the post. But my two cents worth is that an all around great trip is with the dawnlight out of tobemory for those of you in that area. I took the 12hr drive up their and it was worth ever penny of it. It is no luxurie liveaboard. but for diving it is great. Hilights are the northwind, which was featured in wreck diving mag. and the arabia. They have on board nitrox. it is a first class time.

Fujikawa Maru in Truk Lagoon (just do a Google Search). So much to admire for both novice and advanced diver alike. From engine room penetrations, to cargo hold artifacts (a disassembled Zero Fighter in one hold), and just diving along the side of the Wreck: You'll see a beautiful wall with an abundance of sea fans, whips, sponges, anemones and other soft corals together with dense colorful fish life. 437’ long, sitting upright with depths ranging from 35’ at the Bridge, 75’ at the deck level, and 120’ to the propeller. Truly a magnificent mini-Tropical Reef. . .
http://www.sportdivermag.com/article.jsp?ID=2803

I am going to dive and see the "USAT Liberty" in Tulamben, Bali. Hope i can find alot of nudibranch there.. my favorites :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom