Name your best or favorite wreck dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For everyone that has said the Hilma Hooker, why is that your favorite wreck? I have dove it several times, and I'm usually more interested in the double reef than the wreck. Is it just that it is the first wreck you dove, or do I just have higher expectations?

Tom

This is just a fantastic thread to read through - 6 years worth of posts of happy memories of wreck diving...

My favorite is the USS ORISKANY! Good Marine Life, Fun/Safe swim throughs and lots to explore for the Tec Divers!

Fujikawa Maru in Truk Lagoon (just do a Google Search). So much to admire for both novice and advanced diver alike. From engine room penetrations, to cargo hold artifacts (a disassembled Zero Fighter in one hold), and just diving along the side of the Wreck: You'll see a beautiful wall with an abundance of sea fans, whips, sponges, anemones and other soft corals together with dense colorful fish life. 437 long, sitting upright with depths ranging from 35 at the Bridge, 75 at the deck level, and 120 to the propeller. Truly a magnificent mini-Tropical Reef. .

I've got to second this. I've also gone back a number of times to the Fujikawa Maru, the Nippo and the Shinkoku Maru in Chuuk. Best wreck diving I've every experienced. Chuuk is one of those places that spoils you, although from what I hear it's disintegrating fast.

That said, I too have enjoyed other wrecks mentioned suck as the Duane, Bib, Eagle, Tibbetts, Captain Dan, Rhone, and Chikuzen.

HMCS Saskatchewan off of Snake Island, Nanaimo, British Columbia.

My favorite wreck dive is the USS Oriskany. It has a lot of marine life for the little time it has been under water and there is something cool about diving on a ship that is 911 ft long, 151 ft wide and 212 ft deep, paradice for the Tec diver.

My favorites are the Spiegel Grove Key Largo and the U352 off the coast of NC.:)
Greetings Frank

U-853, off Block Island, Rhode Island, in 130 fsw.

The wreck is a largely intact WWII U-boat. It can be fully penetrated (I've only gone in a couple of compartments). Lots of cool stuff to see.
Great dive. 2 dives, 18yrs ago, etched in my mind like yesterday. Penetrated the radio room in front of the coning tower and I was reminded immediately that this is a war grave (femur). This was back in the day when artifacts were still coming off the wreck (legally) and I ended up with 2 pages of the log book. It was hard to believe that over 50 men spent weeks underwater in such a small machine. Those were men of valor and bravery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom