Name your best or favorite wreck dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SS President Coolidge in Vanuatu... absolutely amazing! It is a massive wreck (654 feet long) that sits in depths between 60 and 200 feet... and it is a simple shore dive in tropical waters. You get to see a luxury ship/troop transport ship all in one dive. I will definitely want to go back when time and money permit.

Fujikawa Maru in Chuuk was by far my favorite. The light shining down through inner stairwell was breath taking.

I am not much on wreck diving but this has got to be the best one for me. A 270+ft ship laying on her starboard side in 100 ft of water. It's located with the keel against a reef in Bonaire. We do it as a shore dive so the trip out and better yet, the safety stops are on a tropical reef. Shore diving, reef diving and wreck diving all rolled into one, doesn't get any better than that to me.

That must be the infamous "HILMA HOOKER" Great safe dive.........

My Favorites, All the wrecks in Coron Bay (Busuanga Philippines) best for me was and still is the "Kyokuzan Maru" and the Black island wreck "Nanshin Maru".........

SanFrancisco Maru, Truk Lagoon. 190 Ffsw. Land Mines, Fuses and Battle Tanks.
Rarely visited.

Well...to use an old adage..."you never forget your first"

It had to be the Benwood off Key Largo!

What a great dive!

The San Francisco Maru and Fujikawa Maru in Chuuk and the Munson and the Comet in Kingston Ontario

My favorite wrecks are the Speigel Grove, Duane and the Eagle in the Keys. All really beautiful wrecks, usually with some big fish in the area. Speigel is good for some huge minnow clouds occasionally. All three have goliath grouper hanging around.
Another favorite is the Rhone in the BVI's. That is a fascinating wreck with a history.

My favorite wrecks are the Speigel Grove, Duane and the Eagle in the Keys. All really beautiful wrecks, usually with some big fish in the area. Speigel is good for some huge minnow clouds occasionally. All three have goliath grouper hanging around.

Just got back from my first Keys trip where we dived these three wrecks. What an awesome experience! Far different from diving the dark waters of the St. Lawrence River here in Ontario. Conch Republic divers was outstanding in handling all our needs.

You're not kidding about the fish! We saw the huge grouper on the Duane. What a site. These are some incredible wrecks I'd highly recommend.

Back
Top Bottom