Narcosis -- insidious and subtle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How are those mines holding up in their disintegrating wooden crates? Any of them collapse yet? Were you narc'd enough like I was to momentarily swim underneath them?:amazed:

They are still looking good for now (see below), and I wasn't quite narc'ed enough to swim under them! (At least I hope so - what else don't I remember?)

_SanFranciscoMaru-minessm.jpg

SOMETHING is just not right in my brain at the 100 foot level. We can disagree about what it is, but in the future, for any dive that involves significant time at that level, I'm going to have something other than Nitrox in my tank.

I was thinking a bit about this after the dive, and I almost lulled myself into complacency by doing all the 'routine' things well during the dive. My thinking is broadly that when you are moderately narc'ed, you still do two things reasonably well - anything which you are conditioned to do automatically, and anything which you are concentrating really hard on. It is everything else between those poles that goes to hell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom