Narrowing down my options: Apex or ScubaPro or Poseidon or Atomic or???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

B2 is chrome plated brass for 1st stage and titanium for second stage.

Their T-series 1st stages are made out of titanium alloy and not titanium coated. You're not going to save any weight just by having a coating of titanium nitride on the outside.

so the t series and b2 are identical in the second stage?

is there anyone who uses mares regulator here??? Im just curious since no one is suggesting it here.

cannot go wrong with Scubapro MK17 G250V IMHO

+1, IMHO excelent combination, sealed diaphragm, works great also in cold waters, great second stage, if you want it smaller (but a little more expensive), instead G250V, S600 would be a great choice as well.

I use a mares abyss mr 22 and love it, couldn't ask for a better regulator. it is great in cold water, when i was at dutch on the peninsula by underneath the helicopter it was breathing perfectly, i even got deeper and had no problem. the only thing is for doubles the hose routing looks a little funny

I use a mares abyss mr 22 and love it, couldn't ask for a better regulator. it is great in cold water, when i was at dutch on the peninsula by underneath the helicopter it was breathing perfectly, i even got deeper and had no problem. the only thing is for doubles the hose routing looks a little funny

Mount it horizontally & rout the hoses out the lower side.

stay away from atomics, the scubapro is good and so is the apex, i have done a lot of research for a doubles reg and those have come into my research, the atomics is a big waste of money, one of my friends has one and it cost him over 1000$ for it

The only way I can think of to spend $1000 for an Atomics reg is to buy the T2 :)
That one retails for over $1500. The Z2 is available for around $500, if I recall correctly. That's for a standard first stage and the Z2 second.

One thing to know is that the only differences in the Atomic regs is in the materials used at various points. All the regulators are mechanically identical. As more parts go from chrome plated brass to stainless to titanium, the price just keeps going up.

Excellent post Killovicz!!! As a newbiw all of you have helped in my equipment selection significantly!!! Thanks to all!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom