NASA Treasure Map -Cooper's Treasure Show?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oak Island: PT Barnum would have been proud.(G)
If you only look at this fluff as "Is it entertaining?" well, ok, cheap entertainment. Could say the same heretical thing about golf.

But seriously? An astronaut, who had the spare time to divert resources and look for anomalies that just might be what, wrecks the USN and a number of agencies already have had located on the submarine warfare maps for decades? (No, the NGIA won't lend those to civilians, but they used to let you come browse, after a formal application and thorough security check.) And somehow, that astronaut genius could figure out which ones were treasure ships?

Jerry Rivers and Al Capone's Vault sound familiar?

Just watched the first episode and in keeping with Rred's comments I am, too, less than hopeful. The "scene" between the Son and the Dad at the Dad's house looked somewhat rehearsed -- especially in light of the previews at the end of the show showing them working together in future episodes.

But, bad acting aside, get ready to dive all the well known wrecks of the Caribbean. I'm sure we'll all recognize them.

Just watched the first episode and in keeping with Rred's comments I am, too, less than hopeful. The "scene" between the Son and the Dad at the Dad's house looked somewhat rehearsed -- .
I am currently watching a Live In Person mother, father and two son arguement free-for-all about a leaky gutter, so rehearsed scene sounds like an improvement!

He found an anchor! I finally watched an episode, and they were definitely losing me with all of the manufactured family drama and whatnot. It was cool to see them dive on, and recover, something though.

Seems like a reboot of the "Billion Dollar Wreck" craptastic show. The one difference is they do at least appear to be doing more diving. First episode was funny with the main character saying that his friend that was diving with him in Mexico was the "best diver in the world". And this guys dad, how funny is this fool, does he only wear that one shirt, and now from the previews it would appear he has decided to grow out some kind of pimp facial hair.

I watched one episode. It feels like another over dramatized reality show.

They got a little (a lot) wild with the diving this week. 206?! I'm not positive I want to believe that...Basically the whole show is diving scenes now, which is pretty cool.

They got a little (a lot) wild with the diving this week. 206?! I'm not positive I want to believe that...Basically the whole show is diving scenes now, which is pretty cool.

Thankfully because that guy is 100% annoying and I don't find him to be at all believable.

I have found it an entertaining show, drama aside. It is television after all. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom