NAUI CPR course recognisation.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just realized I never really addressed the question here, even though I think this was resolved. So before we put this one totally to bed, a quick explanation about the Guidelines and approvals.

ILCOR (the International Laison Committee on Resuscitation) is an international forum for discussion and liason between resuscitation councils. The Ilcor Member councils are

They provide a forum for discussion, research, and dissemination of updates about resuscitation. Their output is a document that is a consensus document on the results of all this process (that takes over two years to assemble). They release the science of it all, then the councils above each develop guidelines on how to implement the science. Then training agencies use the appropriate guidelines to develop their training courses.

The key is nowhere in here is there any approval by anyone! So in the US for example, neither ILCOR nor AHA Guidelines "approve" any programs. It's up to individual agencies, employers, etc. to decide if the training is credible. And that's difficult to do. So the general rule of thumb is that, for a program to be credible, they have to (1) follow current Guidelines pubished by AHA, ERC, JRC, etc, and (2) MUST require hands on skills demonstration. If they don't have both those characteristics, the program is not credible and should not be accepted.

As far as I know, all the scuba agencies that now have their own CPR and First Aid training curriculum, and the major non-scuba agencies (AHA, ARC, ASHI, NSC, MFA) are all compliant with those two "rules" and SHOULD be acceptable. But, it is up to each firm, agency, or even person what they take.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom